Wheelchair Assist Boarding Question

renysmom

Here is the scenario - Traveling on Carnival with 3 other couples next month.  Three have suites, one does not.  I know with Suites we have to do the online check-in and then can arrive at that time or after and have priority boarding. 

The 3rd, couple, the one without the suite, they are registered with wheelchair assist boarding.  Do they need to do the online check-in for a boarding time as well? If they do, and I am assuming they do and they get a much later boarding time that the other couples, can they just board with us?  

Thanks for any info you can provide on this.  

I'm platinum and got a 10:30 am boarding time for me and my mom who needs wheelchair assistance.  Once we got the wheelchair and our pusher (all have been so nice!) we were wheeled through special access areas and the only thing that slowed us down was the security x ray.  Once through that, we were wheeled through an entrance for wheelchairs and accessed an elevator to our stateroom floor.  Pretty quick I thought.  Was it quick because of my 10:30am boarding time? Maybe, but I bet your friends with a later time will sail through embarkation like we did.  If possible, have them access their Cruise Manager at midnight, the day of Online Check in and get the earliest boarding time they can. I don't think they can board the same time as suites but it should be a swift process for them.  Have them text you once they are in their room and settled then meet you all somewhere.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

• Like 1