Onboard covid testing day before flight back to US from Vancouver...

NavyCruiser

Regarding the original topic, I just got off the Wonder Of The Seas in Barcelona.  We did the eMed proctored test on the ship.  The VOOM internet was pretty lame, but the lady at Guest Services assured us that we should be able to do the test with the basic package (not the special streaming package).  My boyfriend was able to do his, but the internet got too jumpy when I did mine, and eMed wouldn't let us start the test.  My boyfriend went over to the internet desk to say that we were having trouble doing our test and they bumped us up to the streaming internet for free (after all, it was 3pm on the last day of the cruise!).  It worked!  So, yes, I would say that it's safe to do the eMed test on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 8:45 AM, TMFTL said:

Train to Seattle and border crossings don't require negative covid test.

We  decided to take covid testing out of the picture so we booked a shuttle from ship to SEA. SEA was the start of our second leg home anyway, and we were able to keep our original flight and seats leaving SEA.  Will see a little bit of the country that we haven't seen before, will avoid any potential pit falls with testing and still get home at the original time. Canceling the Princess transfer from ship to YVR covered almost half of the shuttle cost.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TMFTL said:

I decided I didn't want the hassle to find testing, uploading doc's and possibly testing positive.  

So.....

We are taking Amtrak from Vancouver to Seattle and flying home from there.  Rebooking flights from Seattle was actually a little cheaper than I originally booked from Vancouver.

You might want to check on the train....heard their using bus's Vancouver to Seattle. Hope I'm wrong but just saying !!!!

10 hours ago, TMFTL said:

I decided I didn't want the hassle to find testing, uploading doc's and possibly testing positive.  

So.....

We are taking Amtrak from Vancouver to Seattle and flying home from there.  Rebooking flights from Seattle was actually a little cheaper than I originally booked from Vancouver.

No trains till "late 2022" at least ... due to the ever popular "staffing issues" ...

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/amtrak-cascades-vancouver-train-route-restart-delayed

Quick Shuttle (bus) will work and can pick up from Canada Place and drop at downtown Seattle or Seatac - but watch out for bag charges if you have extra luggage!  One price for no luggage and higher price for 1 bag per person, not sure what happens if you have more than 1 bag! 

Any routes showing on the Amtrak website between Vancouver and Seattle will be buses that run from the Vancouver Pacific train station and drop at the Seattle train station.  

3 hours ago, westcoasttech said:

Quick Shuttle (bus) will work and can pick up from Canada Place and drop at downtown Seattle or Seatac - but watch out for bag charges if you have extra luggage!  One price for no luggage and higher price for 1 bag per person, not sure what happens if you have more than 1 bag! 

From the ridebooker website for the Quick Shuttle: 

• Additional Bag | $20.00 USD | Per Additional Item

Per additional piece of luggage over and above the 1 regular bags + 1 carry on limit + 1 personal Item

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, Gray Lady said:

I may be confused by what you are saying. Just asking for clarification. I have called two other testing sites that offer on-line proctoring. They both said that as long as your self administered test is FDA approved, it qualifies for re-entry to USA. They both specifically said that Ihealth qualifies. Do you mean that IHealth is sold out of proctored test spots that they offer?

Please reread what I said......the free tests SENT from the us gov't DO NOT Qualify for the reentry covid test. Proctoring is the key. Brandon is shipping inexpensive (cheap) IHealth tests with no proctoring. If you want a proctored test, call and PAY EXTRA to IHealth for a proctored session (except they say none are available).

16 minutes ago, gotcha3 said:

Please reread what I said......the free tests SENT from the us gov't DO NOT Qualify for the reentry covid test. Proctoring is the key. Brandon is shipping inexpensive (cheap) IHealth tests with no proctoring. If you want a proctored test, call and PAY EXTRA to IHealth for a proctored session (except they say none are available).

All I am saying is you can get these tests video proctored with other testing services. You make an appointment, pay for the session, and you can use ANY FDA approved rapid antigen test. You can find the list of approved tests on their website. IHealth can be used with these services, as they are FDA approved. EMed tests just include the proctoring session. They are providing that paid service, but they make you use their tests (which are also FDA approved). There are other choices out there, if you prefer. They will all email you a certificate upon completion.

• Like 1