Skagway Musher's Camp & Sled Dog Experience-What exactly happens?

steve4031

I understand that we will ride a van or bus to the dog musher camp.  I am wondering what the camp area will be like.  If it's rainy, how muddy will the area be?  How long is the ride where the dogs pull us? 

To help with your question we need more info since there is more than one dog sled tour. Stay in US or go to Canada (need passport)? Part of anything else like gold panning & train or bus and lunch? Or just the dogs. Some tours it is just info about the dogs, seeing them pull and petting puppies. Some don't pull people carts and some that do charge extra. sightcrr

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2849510-live-from-royal-princess-sailing-may-2-2022-for-12-nights-rountrip-from-vancouver-to-alaska/?do=findComment&comment=63158347

Edited by SightCRR

This tour was purchased through HAL.  It leaves at 9 am and is 3.25 hours long.  It is in Dyea.  We ride on a unimog and have a mile long ride behind huskies on a wheeled summertime sled. 

This information was pulled from the HAL excursion description. 

Steve, Since I have not been on the tour I can't recommend it one way or the other but did find these two links. Yours looks to be only dogs and in the US. If your trip is soon it may be cold with snow. Not sure about how muddy. 

Skagway Musher's Camp and Sled Dog Adventure | Alaska Shore Excursions

Good video but old. 

Mushers Camp - Dog Sled Experience - Skagway, Alaska - Princess Cruises tour - YouTube

Newer. 

The first link has info on asking for more info. 

It looks fun. sightcrr

Edited by SightCRR

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, A cruise vlogger "shiplife" was on a rccl cruise last week 13-20 May 22 and posted about the musher camp in Skagway in the rain (cold rain to the Florida resident). 

It was fun to watch him try to hold the camera while the puppies were licking his face. Enjoy. 

I TOOK MY MOM DOG SLEDDING IN SKAGWAY ALASKA! | PLAYING WITH HUSKY PUPPIES - YouTube

sightcrr

• Like 1