Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Loving your review, detailed, interesting and lovely pictures! I now know when I do an Alaska cruise to plan an extra 2 days, so much to see and do.

Definitely. I could probably spend a week here. I’d love

to go see the mountain. But I don’t have time to stray away from the downtown area. Maybe if I come back.

• Like 2

I didn’t cover this but I did take a PCR test on Saturday. I made sure it was after 12 noon in case they actually pull the 72 hour deal on me. Since all of my boardings have been 11:20-11:45 post covid. I couldn’t get in at Walgreens same day for a PCR. I did get in at a CVS. If I didn’t have the results I would’ve taken my home test this morning

which is over on the desk.

A068429C-B663-41D7-95B3-E40F423AC1BA.jpeg

• Like 7

@Saint Greg.....you truly packed in a LOT on your first day of travel and visiting in Seattle.  It was FANTASTIC, thanks for taking us along and sharing all your adventures.

We often order Beecher's Mac N Cheese with our monthly Crowd Cow order, it is the BEST.  As for Starbucks we are not fans, but it looked crowded for sure.

Looks like there were lots of folks out and about, do you think it was because it was a weekend or just travelers in general pre or post cruising.

Looking forward to following along the rest of this trip, you do a GREAT job!

• Like 3

City pass notification was cool the first time. But it stays  there the 24/7 since I’m always close to something. Doesn’t matter if I’ve already done argosy or the space needle it will pop up for them. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg.....you truly packed in a LOT on your first day of travel and visiting in Seattle.  It was FANTASTIC, thanks for taking us along and sharing all your adventures.

We often order Beecher's Mac N Cheese with our monthly Crowd Cow order, it is the BEST.  As for Starbucks we are not fans, but it looked crowded for sure.

Looks like there were lots of folks out and about, do you think it was because it was a weekend or just travelers in general pre or post cruising.

Looking forward to following along the rest of this trip, you do a GREAT job!

I don’t know. I was wondering if today would be better when I was standing in the space needle line. But then I think today is the day a lot of cruisers will show up. And they’re going to do space needle and chihuly. I’m thinking an early start before any of those people get here is a good idea.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Wow. I've been to the original Starbucks many times and I've never seen it backed up like that. I guess I've mostly been there when it wasn't summer. At least now I know what to expect when we will be there in July...

The boat tour guide yesterday said get there when they open otherwise you’re waiting an hour for a coffee you can get on any corner here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t know. I was wondering if today would be better when I was standing in the space needle line. But then I think today is the day a lot of cruisers will show up. And they’re going to do space needle and chihuly. I’m thinking an early start before any of those people get here is a good idea.

From what I remember visiting Seattle a handful of times, the Space Needle is always busy especially around dusk while people are waiting to photo the city lights.  

• Like 1

I got my documents printed. It’s not that they don’t have a business center. They have five printers installed on this computer and only one is attached. So your average citizen has problems with it.

1244971E-4B55-4D58-9DBF-430EC11484ED.jpeg

• Like 4

These bakeries smell good. They’re all that’s open this early. I’m stopping At Piroshky after Starbucks. Piroshky had a line down the sidewalk yesterday.

D8220106-C8E2-4164-82B1-23CCAAEB5DF4.jpeg

D8A15851-CE5C-4444-88A6-F33A2104F73B.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The picture taking is just out of hand up there. They gotta pose sitting on the bench, laying down on the bench, standing on the bench, leaning back against the glass on the bench. It’s too much. I couldn’t take three steps without running into someone’s picture. I had to get away from it.

E950BBB1-45C3-4339-9BBD-3ACD777D1F85.jpeg

E0CCEBE5-60C9-425B-B587-D689021263FC.jpeg

With all that picture taking going on up there, you're bound to end up in someone's vacation photo album...

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

I wanted something I could only get here so I went with the cookies and cream. A small one. Then a venti pike place. They did not have the cafe Verona I got in the airport. They pulled the typical Starbucks do you have a dark roast? Yes. Then they give me pike place with is medium.

4BC6A256-41CA-478B-A79C-EDC22E2EB38E.jpeg

13F5461E-6BFC-4A3D-8A8F-176F630D3210.jpeg

• Like 6