Panama Canal on Bliss Haven

Salf777

Looking at booking the Panama Canal on the Bliss in the Haven just don’t feel like flying overseas and just flying to LA and ending up back in Miami where I live seems like a good option so it’s just one flight. Have heard good things about the Panama Canal but it hasn’t really been on my “must do” list. But like I said I just don’t feel like flying far. 
The Haven on the Bliss looks awesome and better than the other Havens we have been on. 
Curious if anyone has done this sailing, is it enjoyable? Pros, cons, and must dos appreciated 

DH and I did the Bliss PC cruise in February in a 2 Br. Haven. It was amazing!  It was our first time doing the Canal and our 3rd time in the Haven.  Loved going under the Bridge of the Americas from the Haven sundeck.  And with all the sea days, we definitely appreciated having the Haven lounge, pool and sundeck!

• Like 1

We did a PC cruise February of 2020 in a 2 bedroom haven on the Joy.  It was great...  Miami to LA.  Really like the 2 bedroom as the master is separate from the main area.  Just the two of us so the 2nd bedroom was unused.  Used the upgrade advantage to get a reasonable cost.  However you never know if that option is available.  We would have been happy in a mini suite too. 

• Like 1

We've been on three Panama Canal cruises this year, b2b with other cruises. Twice on the Bliss, once on Encore.

For the Bliss, we did LA to Miami then stayed on board for the return to LA. A b2b like that is a great option if you really hate flying!

Panama Canal cruises are really relaxing, lots of sea days to space out the ports. The average age is much higher than a typical one week cruise.

One thing to note, both the Bliss and the Encore go through the new Panama locks. They're (arguably) not as interesting as the older locks that smaller ships like the Jewel use.

Can't help on the Haven side of things, we book inside cabins to have more cruises instead. Hardly ever in the cabin anyway.

• Like 2

We’ve been on two full transits of the Panama Canal, and have two more booked early next year, which tells you how interesting we think it is. If you do go, please read David McCullough’s masterful The Path Between the Seas in advance; you will appreciate the Canal even more. 

• Like 4