Specialty Dining Package Pricing

The 4 of Us

Does the pricing of the Specialty Dining Packages change as you get closer to your sail date?  Increase or decrease?  Is there an advantage of purchasing the dining package now instead of waiting until close to sailing?  I can't remember if they go up or down?  Do they ever go "on sale"?

Also, if you wait until you board to purchase the dining package is that price the same as the price you can purchase them at prior to sailing?

We get several nights already with the Free at Sea program and our Latitudes status but would like to purchase a few more nights and trying to decide if we should just purchase now or wait.

Thanks!

I think it's increased in general (as with almost everything else lately.)  A 5 dinner package is $202, or a bit over $40/night.  On my last cruise I only purchased 3 nights and the per meal was less.

That said, I don't believe the packages change as you get closer to sail date, though with inflation I might buy mine sooner in case they jack up the prices again.

We have a booking after the changes in Jan when the free at sea dinner s dropped.

We have a 2 dinner 30% discount option in the list (at the bottom so check).

I added it for just one me as the OH is a smaller eater we will PAYG for her.

Not sure if you can see your reservation on NCL website but they usually have an upgrade option for specialty dining.  I have one right now for 2 dinners, $70pp including grats.  That's $35pp per meal. 

5 hours ago, Andros said:

Not sure if you can see your reservation on NCL website but they usually have an upgrade option for specialty dining.  I have one right now for 2 dinners, $70pp including grats.  That's $35pp per meal. 

That's bizarre.  I sail on the Joy, Oct 12.  The 2 dinner package is $106.80.  I wasn't aware that meal packages on different ships had different pricing.

The discounted meal package upgrade is new and only applies to bookings made in the last couple of months. That is why some people can’t see it.

To answer the original question, I have never seen sales on the dining package. The price doesn’t fluctuate, but does go up periodically (about once a year) so that can be an advantage of purchasing it early. The negative is obviously that they have your money for longer.

5 hours ago, phillygwm said:

That's bizarre.  I sail on the Joy, Oct 12.  The 2 dinner package is $106.80.  I wasn't aware that meal packages on different ships had different pricing.

No, the meal packages will be the same price for the NCL fleet as a whole.  This is just an upgrade offer on our reservation right now.  To be honest, it is the first time I have ever seen an option for upgrade.  Was just sharing our experience on any kind of discounted( "sale" ) pricing.  

Good luck finding the extra meals you seek.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andros said:

No, the meal packages will be the same price for the NCL fleet as a whole.  This is just an upgrade offer on our reservation right now.  To be honest, it is the first time I have ever seen an option for upgrade.  Was just sharing our experience on any kind of discounted( "sale" ) pricing.  

Good luck finding the extra meals you seek.   

So just curious how you uncovered that rate?  Through a TA?  Another offer?

$40/meal is pricey but so is $35/day for Premium Plus.  But hey, I'm on vacation.  I got a cheap Amtrak ticket up to NYC, as opposed to flying somewhere.  With that savings, I'm gonna live a little 🙂

Phiilygwm, it is on my online account through the NCL website.  I have my trip summary and it shows any of my free things(Free at Sea) and the offer is there.  Before I got rid of the drink package I also had an upgrade price for the premium plus drink package.  If you don't have an account on NCL then sign up, it's free.  Then you just simply put in your reservation number if needed.  Most of the specialty dining meals are more than $40, even ordering a la carte.  Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, phillygwm said:

So just curious how you uncovered that rate?  Through a TA?  Another offer?

$40/meal is pricey but so is $35/day for Premium Plus.  But hey, I'm on vacation.  I got a cheap Amtrak ticket up to NYC, as opposed to flying somewhere.  With that savings, I'm gonna live a little 🙂

When did you book the cruise? If it was more than a few months ago then you won’t see the upgrade price on the dining package.

14 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

When did you book the cruise? If it was more than a few months ago then you won’t see the upgrade price on the dining package.

Interesting.  Yeah, I booked back in December.

Unsure how long the "special offer" dining upgrade lasts, but that $70 PP ($35 per meal) price point is the cheapest.  I could of sworn the price was much cheaper less than a year ago, as the calculus we used to determine when to use our meal vouchers was above that price point (thought it was, like, $30 PP last August).  So Cagney's and Ocean Blue were perfect choices, as each would have cost us over $150 for the two of us.  Q?  Not so much.

Free at sea dinner count got destroyed in Jan.

Most likely it this those bookings that have the upgrade offer on the 2dinner.

Effectively and increase in the cost of free at sea.

For UK bookings with the recent cost increase the cost for certain length cruises have gone from £99 to £260 to get the same benefits.