Is it a 14 Day Cruise or back to back 7 day cruises?

edgee

Did a search on Oceania website and booked a Rome to Istanbul 14 day cruise I saw for next April/May on Marina.  Or so I thought. When I went to make deposit, instead of a $1500 deposit for a 14 day cruise, I was informed by Oceania rep that, even though it is offered as a 14 day cruise, it technically is two 7 day cruises, so I have to put down $3,000...$1500 for each 7 day portion for the two of us.. Okay, fine. But do I get Oceania Club credit for two cruises?..of course the answer is NO! Okay, whatever.

We remain excited about this cruise, as we have never traveled in the Eastern Med. However would appreciate any input re:  will we, in effect, be doing two back to back 7 day cruises?  Will menus in the Grand Dining Room repeat? Will entertainment schedule the second week be the same as the first? Welcome any thoughts from anyone who has cruised under a similar situation.

Ed

3 minutes ago, edgee said:

Did a search on Oceania website and booked a Rome to Istanbul 14 day cruise I saw for next April/May on Marina.  Or so I thought. When I went to make deposit, instead of a $1500 deposit for a 14 day cruise, I was informed by Oceania rep that, even though it is offered as a 14 day cruise, it technically is two 7 day cruises, so I have to put down $3,000...$1500 for each 7 day portion for the two of us.. Okay, fine. But do I get Oceania Club credit for two cruises?..of course the answer is NO! Okay, whatever.

We remain excited about this cruise, as we have never traveled in the Eastern Med. However would appreciate any input re:  will we, in effect, be doing two back to back 7 day cruises?  Will menus in the Grand Dining Room repeat? Will entertainment schedule the second week be the same as the first? Welcome any thoughts from anyone who has cruised under a similar situation.

Ed

You are actually on an extended cruise comprised of two 7 day cruises. You have to pay double down payments.

Menus in the GDR normally cycle every 14 days, so there you are mostly in luck, however you will still see multiple repeats on the menu.

While outside contract entertainment might be different, it is possible you might see repeat performances by the Oceania group. No guarantees either way, mostly because no one knows how many contractor entertainment will be brought aboard. That is a variable and can change.

• Thanks 2

The production show will probably repeat   but some night we meet people & enjoy conversation/drink instead of the shoe   we can catch it the next week 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

The production show will probably repeat   but some night we meet people & enjoy conversation/drink instead of the shoe   we can catch it the next week 😉

Yes, and with such a port intensive cruise it will be more of an early to bed itinerary anyway.

Edgee,

I think you got a new, not-fully-trained rep, because I believe what you were told is incorrect.

If O offers a 14-day cruise (Called, let's say "Fabled Seas & Antiquities") from Rome to Istanbul, April 27 - May 11, 2023, and that's the cruise you book, then you only booked 1 cruise, 1 down payment, and 1 cruise credit.

The fact that O also offers a 7-day Rome-Athens ("Charming Italy & Greece"),  4/27 - 5/4/2023, followed by a 7-day Athens - Istanbul ("Turkish & Hellenic Gems"), 5/4 - 5/11/2023, has no bearing on the cruise you booked.  In fact, if you tried to book the two 7-day cruises in order to get 2 cruise credits, O would not let you do it and would instead book the single 14-day cruise.  I know this because it has happened to me.

You should receive a single booking number for the 14-day cruise.  You will also be charged considerably less for the single 14-day cruise (with 1 deposit payment) than you would be required to pay for the 2 7-day cruises.  Taking a PH1 as an example, the 2 7-day cruises are $5,199 and 5,099 respectively, while the 14-day cruise for the same PH1 is $8,400.

You need to go back to O and ask to speak to a Supervisor, or Manager and have this corrected in your favor.