Hypothetical question due to a small possibility

Pete's Girl

If I am the primary guest on the account but there are two of us traveling, and the other person were to bow out and I have a replacement, what is the absolute latest that I can notify NCL and have the paperwork changed? The week before? 48 hours prior to sailing? Longer? I understand there would be a change fee....I'm ok with that. I just need to know when the absolute latest to change a person on the reservation is.

Thanks in advance.

as long as the final payment isnt due, you can change up to that date, either add a name, remove a name or cancel completely. better do it asap to save yourself any hassles. also there should be no additional charge if done before final payment

UPDATE...

LINK

Cancellation Fee Schedule For Cruises Departing

MAY 1, 2022 AND BEYOND

Days Prior to Departure Date Cruise/Cruisetour and Air Cancellation Fee Land Add-on Cancellation Fee
The Haven Suites, Suites, Garden Villas and Holiday Sailings
120 Days and greater prior to sailing No Penalty 0%
119 - 106 days 25%* 0%
105 - 91 days 50%* 0%
90 - 61 days 75%* 0%
60 days or less 100% 100%
1-6 Day Sailings (Club Balcony Suites and Below)
89 - 76 days 25%* 0%
75 - 61 days 50%* 0%
60 - 31 days 75%* 75%
30 days or less 100% 100%
7 Days or More Sailings (Club Balcony Suites and Below)
119 - 91 days 25%* 0%
90 - 61 days 50%* 0%
60 - 31 days 75%* 75%
30 days or less 100% 100%
*Cancellation Fee for 3-8 Guests will also follow the schedule outlined above

Cancellation Fees on Cruise Fares, Air Add-Ons, Land Packages and Other Add-On Charges

Cancellation fees for cruise, air, land and other charges will follow the schedule above and apply to all guests on the reservation. Cancellation fees for air, land and other add-on charges will apply even if the reservation is not canceled in full. Gateway changes for air and name changes for cruise, air, land and other add-ons are considered cancellations. Cancellations must be telephoned to our Reservations Department by your travel agent. Depending on when the cruise is canceled, cancellation charges will be assessed as stated on the Cancellation Fee Schedule.

No refunds will be made in the event of interruption or cancellation by any passenger after commencement of the cruise. Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to Norwegian Cruise Line. Cruise tickets, air tickets, transfer coupons and/or vacation package vouchers must be returned before a refund can be made. Refund processing time is about 3-4 weeks. Air tickets issued by our Air/Sea Department for passengers on our Air/Sea programs are refundable only to Norwegian Cruise Line. Group passenger policies may differ. Norwegian Cruise Line's Payment and Cancellation Policy is subject to change without notice.

• Reservations that are not paid in full by the final payment due date are subject to cancellation and in the event a reservation is canceled, a cancellation fee will apply.
  • No refunds will be given on any cruise for no-shows.
  • No refunds will be made in the event of interruption or cancellation by any passenger after commencement of the cruise.
  • Name changes and departure date changes are considered reservation cancellations and are subject to the above cancellation fees.
  • Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to Norwegian Cruise Line. Cruise tickets, air tickets, transfer coupons and/or vacation package vouchers must be returned before a refund can be made. Refund processing time is about 3 to 4 weeks. Air tickets issued by our Air/Sea Department for passengers on our Air/Sea programs are refundable only to Norwegian Cruise Line. Group passenger policies may differ. Norwegian Cruise Line's Payment and Cancellation Policy is subject to change without notice.
  • No refunds will be given for any missed days of a Land Package.
  • Cancellation fees for air, land and other add-on charges will apply even if the reservation is not cancelled in full.
  • Gateway changes, flight date changes and name substitutions are considered cancellations, and air cancellation fees will apply. Additionally, spelling corrections may be considered cancellations.
  • Name substitutions and departure date changes for cruise, land and other add-ons are considered cancellations and are subject to cancellation fees.
  • The above schedule of cancellation fees will begin immediately once money has been applied to the reservation.
Edited by Two Wheels Only

Thanks for the information. It may be better if I just travel by myself. I've paid for us both and I'm not looking to recoup any of that money, I just thought maybe I could add another name in replacement of the name that's already there. If that's not the case, I've never traveled alone before, but I'm open to it!

Thanks for the info!!