Carnival Cancellation Insurance

aprylstar

Does anyone know what "severe weather" might qualify for 100% refund. Thanks!

Carnival trip cancellation description:

If you need to cancel for some of the most common reasons (severe weather, illness, etc.) you'll get 100% of the cost of your trip back, in cash. If you need to cancel for any reason not listed in the plan — any reason at all — you'll get 75% back in a Future Cruise Credit Certificate.

I  believe this means a tornado outbreak in your area within 24 hours or so that impacts travel; hurricanes in your local area; blizzards and other provable treacherous conditions, and things of that sort.  I would not expect they would cover heavy rainfall or minor snowfall that would be inconvenient but not necessarily dangerous or impractical.   Note that I have no experience with this, but it's just what I would expect!  

• Like 2

You should read the specific policy you're thinking of purchasing to be sure. But typically it means if your home is inhabitable because of severe weather. Not just because it's raining heavy.

Thanks all. This is Carnival Insurance & I can't find a policy anywhere. I do have comprehensive insurance through both my work and my credit card, however, they do not offer "cancel for any reason". I don't plan on cancelling, but we are travelling during hurricane season & COVID is such an unknown that I'm planning on adding the Carnival cancellation insurance to the booking. Wait times have been long when trying to call them, so I thought I'd try my luck here. I didn't think about severe weather in relation to my home and not being able to travel to the cruise. That guess makes sense. When I get around to calling Carnival, I will report back what they say with regards to weather cancellations.

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/CCL_Landing.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select your stare of residence to see the certificate of insurance. For Canada, choose Other.

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/Carnival_TX_05_21.pdf

Here is a sample from a random pick.  NOAA must issue a warning or watch at or on the way to you port of embarkation. A likely scenario would be a hurricane watch or warning for Florida or Texas ports.

The last item listed would cover you if weather prevented you from arriving in time, for example, a snow storm.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Babr said:

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/CCL_Landing.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select your stare of residence to see the certificate of insurance. For Canada, choose Other.

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/Carnival_TX_05_21.pdf

Here is a sample from a random pick.  NOAA must issue a warning or watch at or on the way to you port of embarkation. A likely scenario would be a hurricane watch or warning for Florida or Texas ports.

The last item listed would cover you if weather prevented you from arriving in time, for example, a snow storm.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 9:14 AM, Bajanswife said:

When do people usually buy the insurance - when the remainder of the cruise cost is due? At this stage I have only paid a fairly small deposit. Remainder is due at the end of January next year.

I'd wait until just before the cancellation days start rolling in, especially with covid. It's worth it, I fratured my pelvis just before a cruise and had no trouble with my refund