New Amex Offer - Money Off Celebrity Cruise

greatestvalue

Just now, NutsAboutGolf said:

There isn't an active/available X offer at the moment.  Also it does depend which kind of card you have

Yep, I have 3 Amex cards and check all of them… I wish there was a feature to “add all offers” instead of clicking one by one. I see an Oceania deal, but not interested right now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chimchimtx said:

And I have a Carnival offer but want a Celebrity one!

We also have a Carnival offer but, unlike past offers, it is for Carnival ONLY - not Carnival Cruise Lines. 😠

(In the fine print it says NOT valid for Princess and some others)

Blue Cash Preferred - $125 credit for $500 spend on Celebrity.

Called TA and made a $500 payment on an existing booking and after a couple of days, the $125 credit is now showing.

Also showing $150/$500 on CCL and $250/$1000 on NCL.

• Like 2

We have the UK offer (£150 back on £1000). Our cruise isn't until March 2024 so we would be paying it off very early if we used it. Does anyone know what happens if we pay it off early and then can't go for whatever reason (us cancelling rather than celebrity)? Would we only get that back as credit rather than refund back to the card? 

2 hours ago, FionaL91 said:

We have the UK offer (£150 back on £1000). Our cruise isn't until March 2024 so we would be paying it off very early if we used it. Does anyone know what happens if we pay it off early and then can't go for whatever reason (us cancelling rather than celebrity)? Would we only get that back as credit rather than refund back to the card? 

Why pay it all right now? Just pay the £1000 to get the AMEX credit and then leave the rest with a balance to pay at final payment time. 

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Would we only get that back as credit rather than refund back to the card

I've heard it makes it very different if you pay in full before final payment. Do $500, (or whatever is not going to have you paid in full) then separately pay prepaid gratuities, then buy on board credit director from celebrity for the balance. I believe you need to call to do that. 

You can also buy excursions instead of obc. It just has to total the offer amount, not be in one transaction. 

I have the offer on 2 different cards, so I have to do the above to ensure I get the Amex Platinum benefits as well.. which requires paying the 'entire fare' on 1 Amex platinum card. 

Hope that helps

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 5:36 PM, chamima said:

We also have a Carnival offer but, unlike past offers, it is for Carnival ONLY - not Carnival Cruise Lines. 😠

(In the fine print it says NOT valid for Princess and some others)

I remember those- I think it was called WLCL "World's Leading Cruise Lines".  It was all the lines under Carnival Corporation.  Carnival, Princess, Holland, P&O, Cunard, etc

As with you, our Carnival deal is carnival only this time around.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 2:28 PM, mpk said:

I remember those- I think it was called WLCL "World's Leading Cruise Lines".  It was all the lines under Carnival Corporation.  Carnival, Princess, Holland, P&O, Cunard, etc

As with you, our Carnival deal is carnival only this time around.

I used those. The Blue Cash Preferred also gave 6% back for Carnival gift cards in grocery stores, since I used to take some cheap 4-nt Carnival cruises out of LA. They have the Radiance there now, a rebuilt ship with fares as low as $100 for 4 nights to Ensenada and Catalina. I try to find the best of every cruise line, so even on Carnival I can get through the day with Guy's burgers and their Indian vegetarian options at dinner. 

• Like 1