Prinsendam vs. Rotterdam

iceman93

Iceman: We've sailed on the Rotterdam's sister co-flagship, the Amsterdam twice and the Prinsendam once, (last summer).

Until last summer, the Amsterdam was our favorite ship; but, we really, really liked the intimate nature of the Prinsendam. We had cabin A197---loved it! She rode very well in the rough conditions of the North Seas. We were on her for 14-days.

We still like the Amsterdam very much and sailed on her to Antarctica in a Cat S and loved every minute on her. It was a 21-day cruise

We wouldn't hesitate to sail on either vessel - each has their unique qualities, but the Prinsendam made a strong, very positive impression on us.

We have sailed both ships (Prinsendam twice) and love both of them. The Rotterdam is my favorite ship overall. But the Prinsendam, with fewer than 800 guests, really gives you a more intimate feel. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Smaller ships seem to be becoming a thing of the past, so you might want to try The Elegant Explorer to experience her unique ambiance.

The Rotterdam is our favorite ship, but I think only because we've gotten to really know her:) You have your favorite little hangouts to read a good book, watch a movie in the Wajang, the new Explorations Cafe, etc.

Having said that, there is only one elegant explorer and that is Prinsendam. As far as the "feel", you can't but notice her intimate size, relatively small complement of passengers and her more classic interior compared to the "S" and "R" classes.

I know I'm not really answering your questions but that's because I feel that you really can't go wrong no matter which of the two you choose! (didn't mean to copy Jim's post, sorry Jim!)

Archived