Masks and testing requirements on SCENIC French river cruises

BerlinCruisers

Hello!

Could anyone give an update if it is still a requirement to wear masks inside of the ship on SCENIC French river cruises, particularly on the SCENIC Diamond? In our final documents it only states that it MAY be needed to wear maks depending on local and governement restrictions. And is it correct that NO Covid testing is required prior to departure? Because, again, they are only saying that this depends on the local laws. Just wanted to make sure...

Thank you!

Edited by BerlinCruisers

• BerlinCruisers changed the title to Masks and testing requirements on SCENIC French river cruises

I can't answer about Diamond, but here is what we experienced on Gem (in Paris) at the beginning of May.

No test required to board.

Masks to be worn on buses and 'while standing' on ship – that was how the CD summed up the rule (fuller version: no mask req. in cabin, or at table during meals, or while sitting in the lounge [on the presumption that you were drinking]).

Tests were available for those who needed them for flights home, but since we were staying on in Paris I didn't pay attention to whether these had a charge.

Transfers were provided to all who were going to CDG (in 13 groups from 05:15 to 13:15, from 1 cabin to 5 at the most) or to Gare du Nord or Gare Montparnasse.  I was impressed by how flexible the transfer arrangements were:  no waiting around for a bus to fill, or getting to the airport ages before your flights.  We were going to a hotel (not arranged by Scenic); they arranged a taxi for us, but I wasn't surprised that we had to pay for it.

• Like 1