Camp Ocean for kids under 5

bartleby112

I was just listening to a youtube video about kids programs changes recently.  Just heard kids under 5 cannot go.  (the video said that kids 5 and older regardless of vax status can now come).

But he said that its closed still for 3 and 4  year olds.  Just wondering how true this is? We might cancel.

5 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

This is very true and listed as such on the Carnival website.

After i posted. i went to the site.  Showed "youth programs 2 to 12" then I saw the notice for COVID stuff and saw it says different in there.  Well darn. Guess we will rebook to a later date perhaps. 

42 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

It had been like this since the restart.

I knew that when they restarted last year some things were limited and I knew kids stuff came back. didn't know the cut off was 5 and older though.  Oh well.  Might just shift the booking to next spring when the youngest is 5. 

Can confirm. Have been on two cruises in the past 8 months with a 4 year old, no dice on the kids club. No ETA on when it will re-open. Them allowing unvaccinated kids in older than 5 is a step in the right direction for those under 5 but I am guessing that staffing shortages they are experiencing might be the reason for not returning to their prior programming. 

1 hour ago, x lindsay x said:

Can confirm. Have been on two cruises in the past 8 months with a 4 year old, no dice on the kids club. No ETA on when it will re-open. Them allowing unvaccinated kids in older than 5 is a step in the right direction for those under 5 but I am guessing that staffing shortages they are experiencing might be the reason for not returning to their prior programming. 

thanks! yeah. its not something we will roll the dice on.  I'm going to call our agent and shift the cruise to next spring when she is 5.  so that she doesn't miss out. 

Just think its crappy that carnival keeps on their main page about kids activities that kids 2 to 12 are  part of Camp, but you have to then go to the COVID page to find out that its actually just 5 to 12. 

I really hope they bring it back soon. I'm less than understanding even with staffing issues. Feel like they should've taken it from another area. Most of the cuts their making now honestly seem like the best places to make staffing cuts indefinitely. But I guess some people will be irked either way no matter the decision... I'm irked about the kids programming... others are irked about cutting the Italian place. The drink vouchers in place of a cocktail party sounds like a win to me unless it was unlimited booze at the party, maybe?