Haven Prima room service, specialty dining and premium plus questions

renji

I got very lucky to grab a Prima Haven cabin with a balcony jacuzzi and am thinking I might want to spend the first few days (sea day and Harvest Caye) just enjoying the cabin and being a bit cautious about covid. We have two Specialty Dining—should we get more?  Can we order room service from any of the restaurants?  anyone have a Haven room service menu?

If I upgrade to Premium Plus can we use that for bringing wine back to the cabin, or bring a bottle back from dinner?  Can we bring Coravin and Coravin Sparkling on board to bring unfinished wines back to the room?

Edited by renji

• renji changed the title to Haven Prima room service, specialty dining and premium plus questions

you'll be able to order room service from the room service menu with no delivery fee. you can also order meals from the haven restaurant for "free," which is why i wouldn't necessarily recommend purchasing additional specialty dining credits.

technically, meals from specialty restaurants are not "room service," but your butler can fetch meals for you from specialty restaurants. there is no delivery fee, but you do have to pay for the food, either with a FAS dining credit or by paying a la carte.

drinks are a little trickier. again, technically, any alcoholic beverage delivered to your room does not qualify under your "free" drink package. if you have the premium plus package and are consuming a bottle of wine with dinner, you can usually get the remaining bottle "to go." technically, if they were to deliver the same bottle to your room unopened, it would not be covered by your package. technically, ordering an unopened bottle "to go" is not allowed. there have, of course, been reports of lax enforcement of these policies depending upon ship and personnel. YMMV.

i strongly advise looking at the bottled wine list before upgrading to make sure there are a number of wines you'd enjoy drinking. there have been cutbacks/curtailments to the wines on offer and "supply chain issues" have affected availability in some cases on some ships.

as far as a wine preservation system like coravin, i don't believe these are prohibited items. you can presumably bring that onboard, but if you plan to finish most wines within a day or so... do you really want to be schlepping that device around?

• Like 1

We've left specialty and Platinum meals on the table due to Haven being so good.  Menu does not change, but we can get what we'd order in Cagney's in the Haven.

However, Prima has some new and interesting restaurants that may be worth trying.

• Like 1

I sailed in the Haven on the Bliss in April. We used 1 specialty dining (that we had booked for the 1st night, knowing we had a plan) and cancelled the rest because the Haven food was the best food and the ship!

I hope you enjoy the food 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, renji said:

I got very lucky to grab a Prima Haven cabin with a balcony jacuzzi and am thinking I might want to spend the first few days (sea day and Harvest Caye) just enjoying the cabin and being a bit cautious about covid. We have two Specialty Dining—should we get more?  Can we order room service from any of the restaurants?  anyone have a Haven room service menu?

You can order room service from any restaurant. You would normally order off the Haven restaurant menu. You can order from specialty dining and use your dining credits if you want. Work with your butler for ordering in advance. 

The Prima dining is still pending. Current Haven Restaurant menus:

BREAKFAST

image.thumb.png.2f44c3d2d6f11a263dd30a2bda29ae9b.png

image.thumb.png.41981c2634409b335378687297f2fe0b.png

LUNCH

image.thumb.png.3d7f93b0ad3a18f9912280932cbfeea6.png

image.thumb.png.67c05265b22de153ce59d22f361428f9.png

image.thumb.png.e02362c2d2d07211f4c422e8a1fc4372.png

DINNER

image.thumb.png.5ead9c75421bbc8cf90a6f252e203238.png

image.thumb.png.72ecec1aa8f0a21a83c849e19b13692b.png

image.thumb.png.cb6e483205feed7a289a1186440db401.png

10 hours ago, UKstages said:

you'll be able to order room service from the room service menu with no delivery fee. you can also order meals from the haven restaurant for "free," which is why i wouldn't necessarily recommend purchasing additional specialty dining credits.

technically, meals from specialty restaurants are not "room service," but your butler can fetch meals for you from specialty restaurants. there is no delivery fee, but you do have to pay for the food, either with a FAS dining credit or by paying a la carte.

drinks are a little trickier. again, technically, any alcoholic beverage delivered to your room does not qualify under your "free" drink package. if you have the premium plus package and are consuming a bottle of wine with dinner, you can usually get the remaining bottle "to go." technically, if they were to deliver the same bottle to your room unopened, it would not be covered by your package. technically, ordering an unopened bottle "to go" is not allowed. there have, of course, been reports of lax enforcement of these policies depending upon ship and personnel. YMMV.

i strongly advise looking at the bottled wine list before upgrading to make sure there are a number of wines you'd enjoy drinking. there have been cutbacks/curtailments to the wines on offer and "supply chain issues" have affected availability in some cases on some ships.

as far as a wine preservation system like coravin, i don't believe these are prohibited items. you can presumably bring that onboard, but if you plan to finish most wines within a day or so... do you really want to be schlepping that device around?

I was thinking of the pivot and the sparkling coravins just to keep the wine sealed and the bubbles still fizzy (since the Veuve might be the best bottle available). They are actually pretty light and small so it was a thought!  Because we are coming into Miami, I’m not inclined to try to buy wine in advance so will have to be hopeful that there is something we would like. It would probably be worth the plus plan anyway given how much bottled sparkling water and starbucks I drink!  I buy the refreshment package on royal so I think of the plus as equivalent, with the wine as a bonus!

10 hours ago, dexddd said:

We've left specialty and Platinum meals on the table due to Haven being so good.  Menu does not change, but we can get what we'd order in Cagney's in the Haven.

However, Prima has some new and interesting restaurants that may be worth trying.

Good point, Prima could be different.  Hopefully there will be some info before we go in December!

5 hours ago, gotscrapz said:

I sailed in the Haven on the Bliss in April. We used 1 specialty dining (that we had booked for the 1st night, knowing we had a plan) and cancelled the rest because the Haven food was the best food and the ship!

I hope you enjoy the food 🙂

Thank you! It will be my first NCL other than the Booze cruise to Cuba….looking forward,

58 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can order room service from any restaurant. You would normally order off the Haven restaurant menu. You can order from specialty dining and use your dining credits if you want. Work with your butler for ordering in advance. 

The Prima dining is still pending. Current Haven Restaurant menus:

BREAKFAST

image.thumb.png.2f44c3d2d6f11a263dd30a2bda29ae9b.png

image.thumb.png.41981c2634409b335378687297f2fe0b.png

LUNCH

image.thumb.png.3d7f93b0ad3a18f9912280932cbfeea6.png

image.thumb.png.67c05265b22de153ce59d22f361428f9.png

image.thumb.png.e02362c2d2d07211f4c422e8a1fc4372.png

DINNER

image.thumb.png.5ead9c75421bbc8cf90a6f252e203238.png

image.thumb.png.72ecec1aa8f0a21a83c849e19b13692b.png

image.thumb.png.cb6e483205feed7a289a1186440db401.png