Obstructed View Balcony...

susan1957

Not sure if anyone can answer this...I received a Jackpot offer for free room (balcony)....Is it safe to say that these (too good to be true) offers for a free balcony are going to be an obstructed balcony with a boat in front of you

If it lets you choose your own, then you can pick whichever you like (from the options) and obstructed views will say they are. If it's a deal where Carnival picks, then I guess it is possible, but obstructed view balconies usually just mean you can't look straight down because life boats or something are below you. You can still see out with no issues.

if this is on a Spirit class ship - we have stayed in obstructed view on Legend, Miracle - if you book after the first four life boats you will be ok.  Basically you just can't look down into the water - just out.  The savings on these sailings were pretty good. Usually we just love listening to the water and being able to have a little privacy just to sit and talk or read - drink coffee etc.  I usually look to see what is available on these rooms anytime we sail on a Spirit class.

Good luck

2 hours ago, mumofsons said:

if this is on a Spirit class ship - we have stayed in obstructed view on Legend, Miracle - if you book after the first four life boats you will be ok.  Basically you just can't look down into the water - just out.  The savings on these sailings were pretty good. Usually we just love listening to the water and being able to have a little privacy just to sit and talk or read - drink coffee etc.  I usually look to see what is available on these rooms anytime we sail on a Spirit class.

Good luck

pretty sure it is just the first 3 life boats on each side, for Spirit Class, that are a bit taller than the rest.