Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

Thanks for all the B2B details @sid_9169, we are doing one later this year and plan to get out at the port where we switch since we will be in Lisbon.  No cabin change, so am hoping that is a painless option for us.

I was out camping during this first leg of your cruise, so a few quick comments on the previous 35 pages of amazingness.

• There is actually history to the stealing of salt and pepper shakers from Virgin.  They were stolen on the airline for a while and instead of trying to crack down, they encouraged it because it made for good advertising value.  https://www.thedrum.com/news/2018/03/29/richard-branson-hails-salt-pepper-pots-virgin-atlantics-secret-advertising-weapon
  • We did the same walk to Joe's shack at Bimini last year and that conch salad was phenomenal.  We brought home a conch shell from the big ole graveyard and named her Conchita...she's huge, but tiny in her soul.
  • We noticed that drinks served at the bar inside The Dock tended to have the cheapest prices, maybe try that one?
  • Your trick to entering Richard's Rooftop works great, except that when you are short like me you get a bruise when reaching for the handle!

Looking forward to this next leg of the journey.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ociana said:

Thanks for all the B2B details @sid_9169, we are doing one later this year and plan to get out at the port where we switch since we will be in Lisbon.  No cabin change, so am hoping that is a painless option for us.

I was out camping during this first leg of your cruise, so a few quick comments on the previous 35 pages of amazingness.

• There is actually history to the stealing of salt and pepper shakers from Virgin.  They were stolen on the airline for a while and instead of trying to crack down, they encouraged it because it made for good advertising value.  https://www.thedrum.com/news/2018/03/29/richard-branson-hails-salt-pepper-pots-virgin-atlantics-secret-advertising-weapon
  • We did the same walk to Joe's shack at Bimini last year and that conch salad was phenomenal.  We brought home a conch shell from the big ole graveyard and named her Conchita...she's huge, but tiny in her soul.
  • We noticed that drinks served at the bar inside The Dock tended to have the cheapest prices, maybe try that one?
  • Your trick to entering Richard's Rooftop works great, except that when you are short like me you get a bruise when reaching for the handle!

Looking forward to this next leg of the journey.

Looks like I might have a new salt and pepper shaker soon! Thanks for your comments! The only difference if you leave the terminal, is that you'll have to do another corona virus test before returning to the ship. Basically, going through the same process as if you were a new passenger, but your Band will already be activated.

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 8

I just received my final bill for the first leg. I used up all of my bar tab, and since I had $100 in regular promotional Sailor Loot, my internet plan ($50) and Hennessy ($124 for two) only cost me $78.00... I'm going to sell the Hennessy for $90 each when I get home, so a little profit on this sailing. As for the next leg, I'm going to be paying full price for all my drinks charged to my credit card.

• Like 10

Remember ALL the way back to the very first post of the review, where it said  {Music plays in the background  “Do it Again” by Steely Dan.}... Well, that's the soundtrack that you should be playing as I walk up the embarkation ramp to get back on the ship...

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

No welcoming committee this time around...

I'd imagine that they're all busy getting ready for the flood of passengers that arrive later.

PXL_20220601_155253484.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

These balcony cabins don't have carpet.

PXL_20220601_155721453.jpg

Oh, which cabin is that without carpet?  I wonder if it is for accessibility.  

If the cabins are all opened up, I would LOVE a shot of 8358A - especially the balcony setup on it.  We picked it with an educated guess that it is the balcony that is at the switch between the metal framed ones and the glass ones that has a little jut out but are not 100% sure we chose right.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ociana said:

Oh, which cabin is that without carpet?  I wonder if it is for accessibility.  

If the cabins are all opened up, I would LOVE a shot of 8358A - especially the balcony setup on it.  We picked it with an educated guess that it is the balcony that is at the switch between the metal framed ones and the glass ones that has a little jut out but are not 100% sure we chose right.

Who says that I don't love my readers? Ask, and you shall receive.

PXL_20220601_160435735.thumb.jpg.91f3e0fe6e5758ab6e31795f270d1af7.jpg

PXL_20220601_160438037.thumb.jpg.8cb572627c7cbc69b1c5e2b5a6a4f352.jpg

PXL_20220601_160442051.thumb.jpg.feef6fe5fa243d82793f70198ee98778.jpg

PXL_20220601_160446144.thumb.jpg.29cfe5907272f7e712ae56cbd7e8e625.jpg

PXL_20220601_160453877.thumb.jpg.707223ea33bcdf98300907b2da031b84.jpg

PXL_20220601_160458125.thumb.jpg.c259e51a6d45a7fd9ba64ee08716ef12.jpg

PXL_20220601_160506865.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1