Infinity Aqua Sky Suites

mirnsd

Hi all,

Realise I might be asking a question that is impossible for anyone without a crystal ball to answer, but I thought I would ask anyway in case anyone can help. We recently sailed on Reflection and made a future cruise booking for the Infinity in April 2023. Due to extremely competitive pricing, we booked an Aqua Sky Suite - we would usually just sail in a standard balcony, or Aqua class cabin.

Anyway.....to the point of my post....... these rooms currently don't exist. Indeed, I am not sure at what point Celebrity have even started putting these cabins up for sale - possibly once the ship comes across to Europe in April 2023. So my question is.....will these rooms actually be Aqua Sky Suites and what happens should Celebrity fail to transform them from currently being a regular Sky Suite ? I cannot see that there is any space for any drydock plans in the schedule, so one has to assume that they would be planning to refit these cabins whilst sailing or not at all. The website shows these cabins as being upgraded from the current dark wood and orange décor of the current Sky Suite, and the person at the Future Cruise desk assured us that Celebrity would not be selling them as Aqua Sky Suites if they had no intention of passengers sailing in an Aqua Sky Suite (I have my doubts on that).

Again, possibly impossible to answer, but what happens if Celebrity don't get around to updating these rooms? They obviously sell them with access to the Spa and The Retreat, so would we just get access to these automatically even if they don't get around to refreshing the rooms?

Sorry for all the hypotheticals, and not really sure that anyone will be able to provide all the answers, but hey, if you don't ask!!

The aqua sky suites appear to be sky suites with some extra amenities. On the Infinity they seem to be in preferred locations.

From the Celebrity website: “…Spa-inspired elements are thoughtfully infused throughout, including eco-friendly bath products, on-demand wellness programming on your stateroom TV, yoga mats, in-stateroom fitness amenities, daily bottled water service…”

In these times I would go in betting on a 50/50 chance that will happen.  The main difference between a sky suite and an aqua sky suite is the inclusion of the additional spa/fitness benefits.  

With the delays, shortages and inflation we are currently experiencing it’s a very real possibility that the decor upgrades don’t happen on time.   If so, you will most likely just get an apology or at best some OBC since you aren’t losing any access benefits.  I am assuming Celebrity would consider those benefits to have a hard cost where decor would be considered a soft cost.  It’s not as easy to value decor.  If it’s a deal breaker then I would consider finding a cabin you know has been updated. 

14 hours ago, Veinless said:

Do these have access to Luminae, Blu, both? Blu Luminae?

They are sold as Sky Suites with some upgraded amenities and access to Luminae and the Persian Garden. You *can* request dinner in Blu if you wish, but it is dependant on capacity. As others have mentioned above, the other added extras are really just fluff, so not a deal breaker.

I am just hoping that if Celebrity don't get around to upgrading the décor, that they still honour the access benefits of the Persian Garden, which this room would not have had prior to its new classification. It is not a deal breaker for us, but if they did not provide access to something that they sold the room with, I think I would be looking for passes to the Persian Garden to be provided. 

Time will tell I guess. Still a long time till sail away and looking forward to reading reports from her upcoming sailings, as we are slightly concerned that she has been out of service for quite so long.   

• Like 1

On Beyond, there is no physical difference between the Sky Suite and the Aqua Sky Suite.  Pictures show slightly different decor.  The primary difference is 1) access to Blu (if space available) and 2) access to the Solarium.  The price difference for our 9-day cruise was $500pp.  We did not opt for it, though I may inquire at check-in to see if the price difference went down.

49 minutes ago, moneeman said:

The primary difference is 1) access to Blu (if space available) and 2) access to the Solarium.  

I think you mean Spa, not Solarium. Solarium is open to all adults.

4 hours ago, twodjs said:

I think you mean Spa, not Solarium. Solarium is open to all adults.

Sorry, I was lazy and did not look up the name.  Some areas of the spa are open to all, and some are restricted.  On my upcoming Beyond cruise, Aqua guests have access to the SEA Thermal Suite that most others do not.  (I looked it up this time 🙂 ). Thanks for noting the error.

There is no difference in the Aqua Sky Suite itself vs a Sky Suite  no work involved, it is simply a renaming of some existing Sky Suites and adding some spa access.

All Suites  have access to Blu on a space available basis.  When we have been in a suite on the M Class ships and dining in Luminae we could order from the Blu menu so really no need to go to Blu.