Where are the quarantine cabins on Norwegian Dawn? Which deck?

susiesan

It seems NCL is using deck 5 inside cabins for quarantine cabins on many of their ships. Does anyone know where the quarantine cabins are on Dawn? I am booked in 5585, an inside deck 5, for an August 16 Baltic cruise. If I am close to the quarantine cabins then this issuing to be unacceptable. I booked this cabin a year and a half ago, before there were quarantine cabins. I put in a bid for a balcony but don't know yet whether the bid was accepted.

@susiesan - Hmmm, not necessary.  Mega ships with medical center located on Deck 5, do seem to set aside & block cabins nearby on Deck 5, easier & convenient and minimal movement of affected passengers.  Not all of the MC are located on #5 - some, like the Escape and the Joy, are located much higher, as in Deck 13 and apparently, some cabins nearby set aside.  Someone on our last Roll Call recently stayed in a balcony nearby, per his report - never noticed anything out of the ordinary.  

Been on both the Dawn & Gem, and other similar mid-sized ships with the MC typically on Deck 4 MID, and, they are behind 2 sets of double doors behind the stairs/elevators - except during clinic hours (very limited) are closed to foot traffic as a general rule.  Notice the blue lights above in the ceiling, almost certain that is an UV light designed as part of infection control measures, probably with an upgraded, enhanced negative air flow HVAC system as ship operation's response to the global pandemic ... that's peace of mind, as far as I'm concern on "Environments of Care"  

Obviously, without checking current cabin status & whether a block of them are set aside, the possibility cannot be ruled out on Deck 4 (passenger cabins are Port side only) but doubtful Deck 5 is being used for said purpose.  Your cabin is a deck above & far from the MC - if you consider that unacceptable, well - IMHO, unwarranted.  It's your choice.

BTW, you do know that for tendering purposes and even for some of the port stops, Deck 4 is where the gangways are used, sometimes.  Wishing you a happy cruise. 

IMG_20190106_141908920.jpg

IMG_20190517_212530558.jpg

Edited by mking8288

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

BTW, you do know that for tendering purposes and even for some of the port stops, Deck 4 is where the gangways are used, sometimes.  Wishing you a happy cruise. 

My itinerary does not have any tender ports so that piece of information about Dawn does not apply. But thanks for the heads up anyways.

On Pearl last week part of deck 4 was cordoned off with a sign that said disinfecting in progress. I assumed this was where they may quarantine passengers if necessary. The way they had it set up you would not go down that hall by accident.

We were in Bermuda and the gangway was also on deck 4, but far enough away from this section that it seemed very safe. I think that deck five will be a very safe and convenient location. If you get your balcony upgrade, even better, Good luck.

I realize this does not tell you about Dawn. Hopefully someone who has been on Dawn recently replies.

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

The cruise ship NIMBY emerges 😆

If my cabin were in close proximity to the quarantine area I might be concerned as well.  As others have stated, that wouldn't appear to be the case since the MC is on Deck 4 and that would be ideally suited for quarantine, being the least desirable cabins.

I assume concern about  being located near an isolation cabin would be that the air would circulate between cabins without filtering, but I don't know if that's the case, or if it varies from ship to ship.

On 5/28/2022 at 6:14 PM, susiesan said:

My itinerary does not have any tender ports so that piece of information about Dawn does not apply. But thanks for the heads up anyways.

My itinerary showed "dock" for all the ports, including one where I'd been countless times on NCL and always docked. Not this time, though: while the dock facilities were of course still there (and used later in the day by other ships), it was definitely a tender port this time around. So docking vs. tendering is  always subject to change without notice.

13 hours ago, ByThePond said:

We were on Dawn TA. Positive passengers were moved to deck 4. When that space was full, positive passengers were told to isolate in their existing cabin. 

Thank you for that. Since I am on deck 5 I shouldn't have to go near the quarantine cabins unless I have to go to the medical center, which I will be avoiding unless I am at death's doorstep. 

So did deck 4 fill up with quarantine pax on your cruise? There are a lot of cabins there. What did they do with the people who were originally booked in cabins on deck 4, did they get moved if their cabins were needed for quarantine? 

27 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Thank you for that. Since I am on deck 5 I shouldn't have to go near the quarantine cabins unless I have to go to the medical center, which I will be avoiding unless I am at death's doorstep. 

So did deck 4 fill up with quarantine pax on your cruise? There are a lot of cabins there. What did they do with the people who were originally booked in cabins on deck 4, did they get moved if their cabins were needed for quarantine? 

I believe that all of deck 4 was reserved for quarantine cabins as we only had ~ 960 passengers so lots of empty cabins. 

11 hours ago, ByThePond said:

I believe that all of deck 4 was reserved for quarantine cabins as we only had ~ 960 passengers so lots of empty cabins. 

For my Dawn sailing date, there are still plenty of cabins on deck 4 that can be booked. There are 15 inside and 24 outside unsold deck 4 cabins. For the Aug. 16 sailing NCL is either putting quarantine cabins elsewhere or not planning on having a need for many.

I sure hope my cruise is lightly sold like yours was, won't know until I get onboard.