How to escalate a repair situation in your cabin?

wallyboag

We were on the Koningsdam last week and our room had a screeching sound from the vent every fifteen minutes or so. As soon as we moved in I started hearing it, I thought it was a carpet cleaner coming down the hall or a loud scooter. Started faint, then got really loud, then faint again. We contacted front desk and I assume they sent someone down while we were at dinner. We had a message at 9 p.m. that they had another room for us. We moved the next morning down the hall which was relatively quick when you keep clothes on hangers. 

Both rooms had noisy neighbors which we are not used to. I was surprised how much I could hear through the walls, I have always felt cruise cabins are much more sound proof then hotel rooms. 

10 minutes ago, kentuckycruiser said:

We were on the Koningsdam last week and our room had a screeching sound from the vent every fifteen minutes or so. As soon as we moved in I started hearing it, I thought it was a carpet cleaner coming down the hall or a loud scooter. Started faint, then got really loud, then faint again. We contacted front desk and I assume they sent someone down while we were at dinner. We had a message at 9 p.m. that they had another room for us. We moved the next morning down the hall which was relatively quick when you keep clothes on hangers. 

Both rooms had noisy neighbors which we are not used to. I was surprised how much I could hear through the walls, I have always felt cruise cabins are much more sound proof then hotel rooms. 

What is the room number for the room with the screeching sound? Hopefully it's not the one I booked for my July trip

DH and I were on the Rotterdam in March in a Neptune Suite. Our TV remote stopped working and DH called Guest Services. Then he called Guest Services again the second day. Then he went down to Guest Services the third day and was told to contact our room steward. He came right away and fixed the remote problem. We realized we should have contacfed one of the concierges in the Neptune Lounge the first day and it probably would have been fixed right away. I don't know why we didn't think of them first as we have always had good service from the NL concierges in past cruises.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Thank you for posting this.  I have never read a job description for any position on a HAL ship.  Very, very interesting.  Quite an impressive list of duties and requirements for the position.  I wonder what the starting salary would be.  

18 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Thank you for posting this.  I have never read a job description for any position on a HAL ship.  Very, very interesting.  Quite an impressive list of duties and requirements for the position.  I wonder what the starting salary would be.