Will an Uber from Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach cost more at 9pm?

Encore37

I just looked up an Uber estimate (@5PM) from MCO to Cocoa Beach and the estimate is $66.  My flight arrives at 8:30pm and was wondering if it would be roughly the same price at that time or would it go up drastically because it's later at night?  Also, would it be hard to get one at that time of night?

Edited by Encore37

You can check again this evening for a data point, but there are no guarantees with Uber or Lyft. Other events going on in the area (conventions, sporting events, etc.), day of the week and weather can all affect the availability of drivers and the demand for rides.

I would also price out a one-way car rental.

I have a friend that works with me part time at a home improvement store. On nights when we work together I drive him home. It’s only fifteen minutes out of my way. When we work different shifts he calls Uber. The short ten minute plus ride costs him between fifteen and eighteen dollars plus tip. A few weeks ago he called Uber on a Saturday night at 10:00PM. They told him no vehicles were available but if one became available the price that night would be sixty dollars plus. Most likely a Uber at 8:30PM from MCO to Cocoa Beach will involve surge pricing. It would be cheaper to stay over at an Orlando area hotel and Uber over to Port Canaveral in the morning.

4 hours ago, poocher said:

Consider staying near the airport & Uber or shuttle to the port in the morning.

Almost certainly surge pricing on Lyft/Uber in the morning. 

They know all those cruise folks are coming in....