I am PCC curious

Suite Heart

On 5/29/2022 at 6:43 PM, julig22 said:

.... I do a mock booking and then process the deposit through my pcc so he gets the credit.  It's the least I can do since chances are I'm going to modify that reservation multiple times before I actually cruise.

9 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

...a  good PCC is worth their weight in gold solving problems, they have direct contact within NCL and a good one knows who to talk to to get problems solved.

9 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I use a PCC in favour of a TA knowing full well I am giving up some potential OBC in exchange for the benefits I get from my PCC.

My PCC has been with me for over 10 years. I wouldn't dream of changing. She has handled everything from minor/silly questions to a full-on "change EVERYTHING."  I can't imagine a better or more helpful and friendly PCC. She has even made a change for me that shouldn't have been able to be made! (Nope, not giving any details. But it was amazing!) She's a rockstar! If she ever retires, I'll have to stop cruising. As if...🙃

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

My PCC has been with me for over 10 years. I wouldn't dream of changing. She has handled everything from minor/silly questions to a full-on "change EVERYTHING."  I can't imagine a better or more helpful and friendly PCC. She has even made a change for me that shouldn't have been able to be made! (Nope, not giving any details. But it was amazing!) She's a rockstar! If she ever retires, I'll have to stop cruising. As if...🙃

Had one like that and we sometimes double-teamed to get what I wanted (there are things that you can request as a customer, pcc had no problem when I went over her head to get the results I wanted).  But she got promoted.  So my new pcc is in training mode as far as I'm concerned, even tho he's been with the company for a long time.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Had one like that and we sometimes double-teamed to get what I wanted (there are things that you can request as a customer, pcc had no problem when I went over her head to get the results I wanted).  But she got promoted.  So my new pcc is in training mode as far as I'm concerned, even tho he's been with the company for a long time.

Out of curiosity (again LOL), what did she get promoted to?

I have had the same PCC for 15 years and she is wonderful.  Always calls me back, or emails promptly.  Whenever we are on the phone she always runs all my bookings to see if any have decreased in price and she has really saved me some money.  However, I realize all agents are not created equally and I am blessed to have a gem.

a friend of mine was an agent and told me they are paid by commission 10-15% depending on the line.  Some items like port charge,  taxes, and gratuities are non comissionable. Items.  But I believe they get a percentage on insurance.

she told me once how disheartening it was when customers booked online and then called her to service their cruise (although she gladly took care of them) because she only got paid if she handled the booking.  So I do mt research to save her some time and effort (and maybe I have some control issues 😙) then call or email her with my booking info.   She’s been too good to me over the years for me to take bread off her table.

• Like 1

A bit of a strange question but as background: Taking our first Norwegian cruise and decided to book directly with them due to a very good mailer coupon. Booking experience was great, but when I asked the agent if he would be our PCC from now on, he said no, he is just inbound calls, and PCCs were a different department. That seemed a little odd, so does this track with anyone else's experience, and if so, were they assigned a PCC later for future bookings? 

51 minutes ago, RussNJodi said:

A bit of a strange question but as background: Taking our first Norwegian cruise and decided to book directly with them due to a very good mailer coupon. Booking experience was great, but when I asked the agent if he would be our PCC from now on, he said no, he is just inbound calls, and PCCs were a different department. That seemed a little odd, so does this track with anyone else's experience, and if so, were they assigned a PCC later for future bookings? 

The folks answering the phones at the general reservation number are doing only that, handling new reservations as they come in.  Call again, and you’ll get a different person. The PCCs are in a different department.  If you’d like to have a PCC assigned to you, call the PCC dept at the phone number in my comment on the prior page in this thread. Tell them you are new to NCL and you’d like an experienced PCC, and someone who returns calls and responds to emails. 

I actually got my fabulous PCC years ago because he cold called me, having seen that I had some cruise next certs that were going to expire. We weren’t in a position to book a cruise before then, but he applied them to a placeholder cruise and then moved them to a real cruise when we were ready. 

Good luck, and enjoy NCL!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The folks answering the phones at the general reservation number are doing only that, handling new reservations as they come in.  Call again, and you’ll get a different person. The PCCs are in a different department.  If you’d like to have a PCC assigned to you, call the PCC dept at the phone number in my comment on the prior page in this thread. Tell them you are new to NCL and you’d like an experienced PCC, and someone who returns calls and responds to emails. 

I actually got my fabulous PCC years ago because he cold called me, having seen that I had some cruise next certs that were going to expire. We weren’t in a position to book a cruise before then, but he applied them to a placeholder cruise and then moved them to a real cruise when we were ready. 

Good luck, and enjoy NCL!

Thanks; very helpful!

On 6/1/2022 at 7:57 AM, RussNJodi said:

We booked our first few trips ourselves online, then got assigned a random PCC after that. We would get marketing emails that had their name and contact info on them, but that was it. Tried using one who was ok, then he left and it was never the same. 

It wasn't until I had a specific referral to someone else that I even cared about them at all.

On 6/1/2022 at 7:37 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I have had the same PCC for 15 years and she is wonderful.  Always calls me back, or emails promptly.  Whenever we are on the phone she always runs all my bookings to see if any have decreased in price and she has really saved me some money.  However, I realize all agents are not created equally and I am blessed to have a gem.

a friend of mine was an agent and told me they are paid by commission 10-15% depending on the line.  Some items like port charge,  taxes, and gratuities are non comissionable. Items.  But I believe they get a percentage on insurance.

it's a little unclear from your post, since you begin by talking about your PCC, who you also compare to other "agents"... are you saying your friend was an NCL agent ( a "PCC")... or a travel agent?

because 10% - 15% would be an extraordinarily high commission for a PCC, and that means they could conceivably be earning, very conservatively speaking, as much as five or six hundred dollars a day in commission!  the variables affecting earnings are call length, number of calls/customers in a day, number of non-sales related (non-commissionable) calls, and total fare paid. but at the low end, it could be five or six hundred dollars a day and at the high end, as much as 1.5 or 2K a day!

and that is some very serious compensation.

i personally don't see how that is remotely possible.

(agin, if we're talking PCCs.)