Sept. 12 on Getaway...The Magical Mystery Cruise?

Red-Sol

So as I was perusing several sites looking at cruises I noticed that there was a cruise listed on *some* of them but not all. It is on the Getaway for a 10 day cruise on Sept. 12th out of NYC.One of the sites it isn't on is NCL...but knowing many of the problems they have with IT especially on weekends I chalked it up that it might be a problem from that. Another site I saw it on lists the itinerary but it reads in the opposite direction than it shows on the map (Image attached) Anyways was wondering if any of you Dick Tracy types out there can help verify if this is a legitimate cruise or not. 😉

sep12.PNG

10 days in September - smack into the Bermuda triangle ... peak hurricane weeks / time of year and NWS predicting an above average active season for storms, hmmm.  

It is showing on NCL's site, but I don't recall seeing it last month nor do I recall CruiseNext promoting it ... could be tied to the recent corporate decisions & ships redeployment.  I guess NCL can't possibly have 3 mega ships sailing Canada & New England this September ...  Looks like some of the cruise ports hasn't added the GA to their published schedule yet.  Otherwise, it looks legit ...

Yeah, this gets interesting ... payment in full since this should be (is already) past cancellation & change timeline, etc.  Now, if they offer triple points & DoubleUp, etc. as extra incentive, those with FCC might bite, if they haven't book anything yet and their schedule is flexible for a last minute "Getaway"

Launch your browser (different one ??) again and do you see what I see 👴

Getaway - Sept 2022 - 10 days NYC-BDA-NAS-GSC-MCO-VA-NYC.jpg

Getaway - Sept 2022 - 10 days NYC Itinerary Map.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

So as I was perusing several sites looking at cruises I noticed that there was a cruise listed on *some* of them but not all. It is on the Getaway for a 10 day cruise on Sept. 12th out of NYC.One of the sites it isn't on is NCL...but knowing many of the problems they have with IT especially on weekends I chalked it up that it might be a problem from that. Another site I saw it on lists the itinerary but it reads in the opposite direction than it shows on the map (Image attached) Anyways was wondering if any of you Dick Tracy types out there can help verify if this is a legitimate cruise or not. 😉

sep12.PNG

🤣Well I hope it’s legit because I am booked on it! Was drawn by the price of course and the length. I keep thinking it will get canceled (even before the hurricane forms and heads straight towards the ship, and/or any of the ports listed!) I even started a roll call on this site but no takers so far. 

Yes it’s confusing, since I saw the same itinerary reversal, but the paperwork I have so far (after booking) shows Bermuda as a port on days 7&8 back to NY. This means a second COVID test given onboard. After reading all the posts on here about COVID, I’m thinking my odds are not good. 
Oh well, it’s fun to dream. It’ll be my first cruise back since the restart. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mking8288 said:

10 days in September - smack into the Bermuda triangle ... peak hurricane weeks / time of year and NWS predicting an above average active season for storms, hmmm.  

It is showing on NCL's site, but I don't recall seeing it last month nor do I recall CruiseNext promoting it ... could be tied to the recent corporate decisions & ships redeployment.  I guess NCL can't possibly have 3 mega ships sailing Canada & New England this September ...  Looks like some of the cruise ports hasn't added the GA to their published schedule yet.  Otherwise, it looks legit ...

Yeah, this gets interesting ... payment in full since this should be (is already) past cancellation & change timeline, etc.  Now, if they offer triple points & DoubleUp, etc. as extra incentive, those with FCC might bite, if they haven't book anything yet and their schedule is flexible for a last minute "Getaway"

Launch your browser (different one ??) again and do you see what I see 👴

Getaway - Sept 2022 - 10 days NYC-BDA-NAS-GSC-MCO-VA-NYC.jpg

Getaway - Sept 2022 - 10 days NYC Itinerary Map.jpg

Thanks! Yes today playing with different browsers clearing cahes etc. I do see a reference to it. We have done Breakaway to Bermuda several times in September and each time the weather was perfect. Don't know how long our luck can hold but we might chance it.

2 hours ago, Mira28 said:

🤣Well I hope it’s legit because I am booked on it! Was drawn by the price of course and the length. I keep thinking it will get canceled (even before the hurricane forms and heads straight towards the ship, and/or any of the ports listed!) I even started a roll call on this site but no takers so far. 

Yes it’s confusing, since I saw the same itinerary reversal, but the paperwork I have so far (after booking) shows Bermuda as a port on days 7&8 back to NY. This means a second COVID test given onboard. After reading all the posts on here about COVID, I’m thinking my odds are not good. 
Oh well, it’s fun to dream. It’ll be my first cruise back since the restart. 

Thank You! After way too long of a time period trying to avoid Covid we are really itching to get started cruising again. The 10 day timeframe and price of the cruise is very attractive.....and after all we have been through all I can say is "We Ain't Scared of No Hurricanes" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's showing on my browser....with Port Canaveral as the first stop.

What would concern me is Covid Test #2....and ending up in your cabin for the duration of the trip.  But then again....maybe Bermuda will change the rules by Sept.

Looks like an nice itinerary though.......

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It's showing on my browser....with Port Canaveral as the first stop.

What would concern me is Covid Test #2....and ending up in your cabin for the duration of the trip.  But then again....maybe Bermuda will change the rules by Sept.

Looks like an nice itinerary though.......

Yes this is my concern also. I’m just hoping for the best at this point. 
I’ve never been to Bermuda.

My last cruise (on the Bliss, right as everything shut down, 3/8-3/15/2020) was a wonderful experience.
Love sailing out of NYC. 

• Like 1

Taking a closer look at Bermuda Dept of Marine & Port Services' published cruise ship schedule, dated May 10, 2022 (subject to change without notice, per disclaimer) - screenshot from PDF file

http://www.rccbermuda.bm/shipping_button_link.aspx

It appears unlikely Getaway will be stopping at Dockyard for its first stop out of NY this September - both berths taken already / anchoring isn't practical - rather, it is reserved/assigned on the return route to stop there.  Thus, folks will all get tested "free" onboard the GA after going to VA, FL and GSC/Nassau first.  

NCL is doing more and more of these longer 8 to 10 days itinerary on the NY-Florida-Bahamas-Bermuda route, especially around holidays later in 2022 and also 2023, it seemed ... Going to be interesting to watch.  Too bad, this one conflict with our plans for the Fall or make into a B2B somehow with the Joy & Breakaway also running donuts (late August thru October being a popular time of the year & ships used to sail pretty full out of the Northeast, pre-Covid) - otherwise, we would put this on the short list to book & cruise if bargain prices with "better" promo deals come along.  

Game plan - get one's annual influenza shot and next booster shot done, stock up extra KN95/KF94 masks, hand sanitizers and disposable wipes ... personal & OTC meds as needed just in case, and, carry on.  

NCL Getaway - Sept 2022 10 Days Bermuda Schedule.jpg

From what I've been reading, it does not appear that Bermuda government is planning to ease up their TA rules with testing anytime soon, the $40 head tax to be "approved" not expected to be dropped until 2023 - but, they seemed to be making it a little easier - now, if only NCL can straighten out their critical info and updates/alerts to booked passengers bound for Bermuda ... everyone will feel relieved.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mira28 said:

Yes this is my concern also. I’m just hoping for the best at this point. 
I’ve never been to Bermuda.

My last cruise (on the Bliss, right as everything shut down, 3/8-3/15/2020) was a wonderful experience.
Love sailing out of NYC. 

You are in for a treat visiting Bermuda...It's wonderful! I see you are in the Albany area are you aware of taking Yankee Trails Bus to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal? We are in Rochester and Drive to Albany area to catch it. I just looked at the Yankee Trails site and they don't have any planned busses going to NYC for this cruise. I am assuming that they might be in the dark a little themselves regarding this and will add some once they become aware

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

You are in for a treat visiting Bermuda...It's wonderful! I see you are in the Albany area are you aware of taking Yankee Trails Bus to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal? We are in Rochester and Drive to Albany area to catch it. I just looked at the Yankee Trails site and they don't have any planned busses going to NYC for this cruise. I am assuming that they might be in the dark a little themselves regarding this and will add some once they become aware

Hi,  

Yes, I'm really looking forward to it! Looks beautiful.

I've heard of Yankee Trails bus, and will look into it for this cruise. In the past I've taken Amtrak. My only problem was upon return, as the cabs lined upon 12th Avenue didn't want to take such a short fare. They were looking for an airport trip I suppose. Now I know to just walk a block or so further east to get a cab to Penn Station. I'm guessing the Yankee Trails bus would solve that issue.

2 minutes ago, Mira28 said:

Hi,  

Yes, I'm really looking forward to it! Looks beautiful.

I've heard of Yankee Trails bus, and will look into it for this cruise. In the past I've taken Amtrak. My only problem was upon return, as the cabs lined upon 12th Avenue didn't want to take such a short fare. They were looking for an airport trip I suppose. Now I know to just walk a block or so further east to get a cab to Penn Station. I'm guessing the Yankee Trails bus would solve that issue.

We find Yankee Trails to be very convenient. Once your luggage is loaded onto the bus in Rensselaer you won't see it or handle it again until it is delivered to your cabin. (other than keeping your carryons with you) You are dropped off right at the Cruise Terminal. If you should happen to call or look through their site the name of it is "Cruise Express"

45 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

We find Yankee Trails to be very convenient. Once your luggage is loaded onto the bus in Rensselaer you won't see it or handle it again until it is delivered to your cabin. (other than keeping your carryons with you) You are dropped off right at the Cruise Terminal. If you should happen to call or look through their site the name of it is "Cruise Express"

Thanks for the information!

Something else to think about/consider... wasn't there a Baltic cuise (or maybe more than 1) that was cancelled on the Getaway? If so could this possibly be a result of rescheduling?

17 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

Something else to think about/consider... wasn't there a Baltic cuise (or maybe more than 1) that was cancelled on the Getaway? If so could this possibly be a result of rescheduling?

Yes. Quite a few of the Baltic sailings were cancelled and these are the redeployed iteneraries. I think they were published around 4/1 or so. I'm booked on the 9/3 sailing and did get triple points for that.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:26 PM, Red-Sol said:

sep12.PNG

I can't speak to the cruise existing or not, but that's definitely not the right map for that cruise, at least.  The map shows NYC --> Bermuda and onwards, while the text says that Bermuda is the final stop instead.

• Like 1