Meraviglia drydock

MacCruising2018

We were on Meraviglia for 18 days in November. 
We had repair men daily , coming through our suite to repair the hot tub.

Expected better experience in Royal Suite but, the cabana was great.

We just avoided our cabin during the day as the parade of workers tried to figure out why it did not work. 
toward the  end of cruise, it was proclaimed to be fixed. Tried it one evening and it was in good working order 😉

After a couple glasses of champagne, almost fell asleep in the tub.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phissy said:

We were on Meraviglia for 18 days in November. 
We had repair men daily , coming through our suite to repair the hot tub.

Expected better experience in Royal Suite but, the cabana was great.

We just avoided our cabin during the day as the parade of workers tried to figure out why it did not work. 
toward the  end of cruise, it was proclaimed to be fixed. Tried it one evening and it was in good working order 😉

After a couple glasses of champagne, almost fell asleep in the tub.

Were you in 15008?  We had that room in September.  Don't recall junior butler name but he was great.  However, when he was going through introduction, he was fairly firm on having them get whirlpool ready so I had an inkling it might be a bit wonky.

We used it at least three times including night at OC.  Hopefully we didn't break it more before your trip.

I've said before that the YC plumbing fixtures look nice but not very sturdy.  They have all been the same in bathrooms but the silver handle water controls have a lot to be desired.  Must be a related business to MSC.

16 hours ago, dexddd said:

Were you in 15008?  We had that room in September.  Don't recall junior butler name but he was great.  However, when he was going through introduction, he was fairly firm on having them get whirlpool ready so I had an inkling it might be a bit wonky.

We used it at least three times including night at OC.  Hopefully we didn't break it more before your trip.

I've said before that the YC plumbing fixtures look nice but not very sturdy.  They have all been the same in bathrooms but the silver handle water controls have a lot to be desired.  Must be a related business to MSC.

Yes, we were in 15008.  Great view of OC, which is why we chose it.
Praveen and Rakeesh worked in our cabin. Both were very good.

Pretty sure you did not break it more. I think you are right, very finicky system. The color of the water was very strange each time they thought it was fixed.  We did enjoy using it on our 2019 cruise in Mediterranean. Worked great then.

Next cruise is on Divina in October. New ship for us, so should be fun.

Happy cruising.

Edited by phissy

7 hours ago, phissy said:

Yes, we were in 15008.  Great view of OC, which is why we chose it.
Praveen and Rakeesh worked in our cabin. Both were very good.

Pretty sure you did not break it more. I think you are right, very finicky system. The color of the water was very strange each time they thought it was fixed.  We did enjoy using it on our 2019 cruise in Mediterranean. Worked great then.

Next cruise is on Divina in October. New ship for us, so should be fun.

Happy cruising.

Ahh yes, thanks for the name reminder.  We had that duo and best combo so far.  Are you doing a RS on Divinia?  We did our first on MSC in one, not the Sophia.  Plus we had one of the square rooms.  Did the non balcony YC suite last September which was just OK.

We had a suite on POA after drydock for 11 turned into 10 days which had a whirlpool on balcony.  First day butler tried controls, no go, said put in work order. Day 3, nothing.  DS loves those and was hoping to enjoy on our sea days to Hawaii.  Day 3  I left room, cruised past pool and there was the Saint I had heard of but never met.  Klaus.  Let's say in 45 minutes, electrician had that bad boy working.

Funny how much we have in common.

We were on POA on the last cruise before dry dock. The “upgrade fairy” contacted us a week before cruise and we got upgraded to Owners Suite. 
Great suite . We definitely enjoyed the hot tub on balcony on that cruise.

Terrible Concierge.

He decided no lunch served in Suite restaurant or room service available during port days. Everyday was a port day.

When I questioned this, told, “ POA is unique. my ship, my decisions.”
I headed up the M&G for CC. 
Hotel Director asked me for meetings during week.  This is when I found out NCL was changing to Nespresso in Suites.  We had a few insightful chats.

Our next MSC cruise on Divina is in Executive Suite. 12004 , corner facing OC.

I know there is no accessible balcony but, it has lots of space.

. I do like having two rooms.
We realized on Meraviglia, in the Caribbean, we spent all our time up on pool deck or lounge. Really did not use balcony, as hot tub non functional most of the time. lounge chairs have no view due to the metal railing. 
Hopefully cruising will continue on track and we can have a few more years enjoying seeing the world.