Vista terminal information in Galveston

sarnold2245

Trying to decide where to park for my upcoming June 18th sailing on the Carnival Vista.      Is it terminal 1 or 2, or does that change some sailings?    Trying to decide to either do the official garage if terminal 1 and their express lot if terminal 2.  

The terminals can switch. We were on the Drwam in April and parked at the garage. We got on at Terminal 2 but docked back at terminal 1. I was do the lot TBH because crossing the street was not fun. It had been a long time since we had cruised out of Galveston and did not remember the parking being like that before. Their are shuttles for the ground lots if you are at a farther lot than you left out of.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sarnold2245 said:

Trying to decide where to park for my upcoming June 18th sailing on the Carnival Vista.      Is it terminal 1 or 2, or does that change some sailings?    Trying to decide to either do the official garage if terminal 1 and their express lot if terminal 2.  

Not sure what the Official Garage is, but we have always  used Galveston Park N Cruise.  Inside buildings right across the street from the terminals.  No shuttle required and easy to wheel your luggage so no waiting in that long luggage drop line.  Not a long walk to either terminal.  Totally protected and secured.  Nice cool vehicle upon your return.  Well worth the extra $20 +/-.  I always tell the gal we are a loyal repeat customer and she sets us up nicely!

• Like 2

I watch Galveston.com webcam a lot.  I do not recall a time when Vista was at Terminal 2. I see her regularly at Terminal 1. Dream and Breeze switch terminals often.  If Vista and either of those are in port, Vista gets terminal 1.  If they are the only ship, or if they are there with a RC or other ship they get Terminal 1.

Edited by Bevv

On our Vista cruise last month we boarded at Terminal 1. The Dream was at Terminal 2.

We parked at the port's garage on the corner of Rosenberg (25th) Sreet and Harborside Drive (Hwy 275) and just walked across at the crosswalk right there. We had pulled thru the terminal area before parking to drop off our luggage with the porters but that took a while because of all the traffic. Next time we will just park and roll our luggage across as we had to do that when disembarking anyway.

With the Vista sailing 7 day runs expect Terminal 1.

The Breeze (and any other) that makes a 5-5-4 rotation and vary the terminals. The Breeze is here every other Saturday, Monday and Thursday to keep on the 14 day cycle.
The webcams are a really cool thing to watch. Start with the Emerald Cam to see the ship come in range and then switch to the cruise cam.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 10:24 PM, Badfinger said:

Not sure what the Official Garage is, but we have always  used Galveston Park N Cruise.  Inside buildings right across the street from the terminals.  No shuttle required and easy to wheel your luggage so no waiting in that long luggage drop line.  Not a long walk to either terminal.  Totally protected and secured.  Nice cool vehicle upon your return.  Well worth the extra $20 +/-.  I always tell the gal we are a loyal repeat customer and she sets us up nicely!

We use this one all the time it is so convenient.