Different COVID Question

We are traveling with our 7 year old non-vaccinated son on the Symphony on Saturday.  I got an e-mail to register him for his test at the port.  I registered him and got the conformation of his appointment. 

My question is this...

On his conformation it states to create an account at Bioreference.com to view his results.  However, when trying to make an account it requires his date of birth then stops me because he is not 18.  Does anyone know how to get notified of the results at the port on the day of embarkation??

They will only release the test results to an adult, so you need to set up the Bioreference account in your name so the email will go to your account. I don't remember whether you can then add your 7YO as the person under your supervision that is getting tested.

Edited by orville99

I was going to set up the account in my name but it said "Patient information" I was afraid that the system wouldn't know what to do with the information. I will go ahead and set it up in my name and use my e-mail address and hope for the best.

31 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

I was going to set up the account in my name but it said "Patient information" I was afraid that the system wouldn't know what to do with the information. I will go ahead and set it up in my name and use my e-mail address and hope for the best.

From the bioreference website"

Looking to Obtain Results for Family and Children?

Please note that family members cannot share a portal account. Adults 18 years or older should create their own HIPAA-compliant, secure patient portal accounts using separate email addresses.

If you are a parent or legal guardian looking for COVID-19 test results of minors under the age of 18, you can request access to their COVID-19 test results through your patient portal account. For all other minors test results, please email us at patientportal@bioreference.com with their name, date of birth and the date their specimen was collected. Minor children cannot register for the self-service portal.