Curtain question

For those of you who bring a curtain to hang in the room for privacy, what kind of curtain do you bring? I keep going back and forth between shower curtain (obviously not the clear liner type) and window curtain. If window curtain, what length?  My toddler will be in a pack n play and I’m planing on hanging a curtain around that. First time cruising with a kiddo so this type of cruise item is new to me. 

What ship and what cabin type? Some of the ships still have curtains that separate the sitting area from the bed area that go all the way across the cabin.

As you can see from the picture, there are no other mounting/hanging points in the ceiling of a cruise ship cabin, so you would need to bring some really strong magnetic hooks to hang your own curtain.

BTW, I'm 5'7" and I can put my hand flat on the ceiling, so maybe 7 ft. tops for a curtain.

Radiance class balcony cabin:

NYE2010Cruise 041.JPG

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

A cloth dark colored shower curtain will be just right in length and width with magnets hung from the ceiling.  It will also be less heavy in weight to pack and hang.  This is assuming you use it to only go around the pack and play and not across the whole room. You’d need 2 to go the width of the room.  

• Like 1

I’ll be in a junior suite on the Harmony OTS. From all of the room pictures and YouTube videos I have seen this room doesn’t have any room divider type curtain.

I’ll just be putting it around the pack and play not really dividing the whole room. Reaching the ceiling for hanging using magnetic hooks isn’t a concern as DH is 6’0 tall and BIL (in different room, same trip) is 6’4” tall. 

16 minutes ago, Honeyroastedmelnut said:

I’ll be in a junior suite on the Harmony OTS. From all of the room pictures and YouTube videos I have seen this room doesn’t have any room divider type curtain.

I’ll just be putting it around the pack and play not really dividing the whole room. Reaching the ceiling for hanging using magnetic hooks isn’t a concern as DH is 6’0 tall and BIL (in different room, same trip) is 6’4” tall. 

You are correct, there is no curtain in Harmony Junior Suites. We always bring these hooks to hang stuff on the bathroom door, and they are very strong (they even come with a little tool to help detach them from the door). They should work for what you need.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1