12 days in Hawaii - it's ok if POA has some restaurants closed

I received the email this morning advising our restaurant reservations are canceled and we need to rebook on the ship. Will we get the same days and times, most likely not but we will survive. This will be our second time on POA and my granddaughter is so excited to sail on her once again. We recently laughed and talked about the pretzel rolls and the Cadillac Diner we will enjoy. I guess we may enjoy them more this trip. We actually booked two ship excursions this time around instead of the private ones from last time, which is also something else to look forward to this upcoming trip. The ship's restaurant issue is a non-issue for us as between pre and post time spent at the Hale Koa and 12 days in Hawaii - for us it doesn't get better than this. I am curious from those who recently sailed if earlier times for restaurants were harder to get once you booked onboard?

4 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

I received the email this morning advising our restaurant reservations are canceled and we need to rebook on the ship. Will we get the same days and times, most likely not but we will survive. This will be our second time on POA and my granddaughter is so excited to sail on her once again. We recently laughed and talked about the pretzel rolls and the Cadillac Diner we will enjoy. I guess we may enjoy them more this trip. We actually booked two ship excursions this time around instead of the private ones from last time, which is also something else to look forward to this upcoming trip. The ship's restaurant issue is a non-issue for us as between pre and post time spent at the Hale Koa and 12 days in Hawaii - for us it doesn't get better than this. I am curious from those who recently sailed if earlier times for restaurants were harder to get once you booked onboard?

Hello,

I just sailed on POA, April 30- May 7, we had the same constraints with the restaurants. We booked 

AS SOON AS we stepped on board. They were doing the reservations at the East Meets West Restaurant on Deck 5 across from Guest Services. We were able to get our desired dining times, however we were in Group A to board the ship. As the day went on, I would think prime dining times

would be getting taken. So, best advice, book ASAP once you get on board. As you already know, Cagney's and Jefferson's Bistro are the only restaurants available. 

26 minutes ago, markkw07 said:

Hello,

I just sailed on POA, April 30- May 7, we had the same constraints with the restaurants. We booked 

AS SOON AS we stepped on board. They were doing the reservations at the East Meets West Restaurant on Deck 5 across from Guest Services. We were able to get our desired dining times, however we were in Group A to board the ship. As the day went on, I would think prime dining times

would be getting taken. So, best advice, book ASAP once you get on board. As you already know, Cagney's and Jefferson's Bistro are the only restaurants available. 

Thanks! We will do exactly this. Could you also book Skyline as well?

What time did your edocs say or what time did you get there?

Do you think if I went they would allow me to sign up for my group(Several are going to Pearl Harbor). As a platinum member, I think I am supposed to have a conceirge that helps with dining and shows, etc. 

15 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Thanks! We will do exactly this. Could you also book Skyline as well?

We did not make a reservation for skyline until the night we actually went, which was later in 

the cruise. We only ate in Skyline 1 time.  I would definitely ask them at the specialty dinning reservations if you would be able to do that. I don't see why not? 

16 minutes ago, travel_gal123 said:

Do you think if I went they would allow me to sign up for my group(Several are going to Pearl Harbor). As a platinum member, I think I am supposed to have a conceirge that helps with dining and shows, etc. 

I am also platinum but I personally have not had good luck with the concierge service except of course in the Haven.  I am going to take Markkw07’s advice.

2 minutes ago, markkw07 said:

We did not make a reservation for skyline until the night we actually went, which was later in 

the cruise. We only ate in Skyline 1 time.  I would definitely ask them at the specialty dinning reservations if you would be able to do that. I don't see why not? 

Huge thanks once again!

19 minutes ago, travel_gal123 said:

Our edocs check in time was 10-1030, we actually arrived at the port around 930, as the Ubers were fluctuating prices from our hotel, I dont remember the exact costs, but at the time we decided to go for it while it was $10 less than what it was  30 mins before that, ( if you use Uber/Lyft alot, this makes sense). The port was pretty empty, and we just waited in a que line right before they check your 

vaccination status.

I just booked 1 table for everyone in our group, so that was easy. They did ask for a ship card when I booked the reservations, I booked 1 table for 5 people at each restaurant. I don't think it should be an issue if you're booking 1 table for X people, but if you're trying to book for other people that aren't present at the time, not sure how that works, but again I would ask them to see what options you have. 

If you have a dedicated concierge, I would def ask that person and he/she should be able to take care

of all that for you. They can always tweek the reservations once you make them. 

We´ve been on the May 14th cruise. There were no reservations for Skyline available. We had to go, get a paiger and wait. Longest wait was 40 min. You might better get a drink ahead as the closest bar is the John Adams Café.

We boarded late due to a pre cruise tour. We almost missed the safety drill. So past 5 pm it was not easy to get a reservation. We were lucky and got one for Jefferson´s Bistro the same day. But most times which were availble were 8 pm or later.

So better get you reservations done as soon as possible.

steamboats

9 hours ago, steamboats said:

We´ve been on the May 14th cruise. There were no reservations for Skyline available. We had to go, get a paiger and wait. Longest wait was 40 min. You might better get a drink ahead as the closest bar is the John Adams Café.

We boarded late due to a pre cruise tour. We almost missed the safety drill. So past 5 pm it was not easy to get a reservation. We were lucky and got one for Jefferson´s Bistro the same day. But most times which were availble were 8 pm or later.

So better get you reservations done as soon as possible.

steamboats

We are going to try and get the reservations as soon as we board. Once they are taken care of we will grab a bite to eat while we wait for the cabin to be ready. Since we sailed on her and would have enjoyed pool/ocean days at the hotel pre-cruise we can stand in line before doing anything else.