Live Review NCL Dawn British Isles One Way to Amsterdam 6/3/2022-6/12/2022. Lots of Pictures!

BennyBrun

Dublin again.

If you can get the HOHO using the credits that makes sense.

Looking at Princess tour(next cruise) they take you and  bring you back to early for a 7am-7pm stop

Most towns not a lot happens before 10am why they drag you there so early

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Dublin again.

Yeah, certainly makes sense for a solo. It would be free for me, but for my wife it is £33 (£39 before latitudes discount), so for a couple the Dart is far cheaper.

15 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5

Free Style Daily…. I will not be purchasing another cruise next … after I exhaust my current stash it will most likely be the end of NCL cruising for me.

3ACC1740-B8B4-429B-BA09-C79DF397180A.jpeg

9902C626-C796-41D1-BAC8-3772B92F1332.jpeg

F938E6DC-EC80-4E67-8BEF-F456D9BEAE4E.jpeg

0295BD34-EB9B-4317-8EBD-034BE0DD8C80.jpeg

7421906D-6CFB-4B80-A40F-6B094AAF8F4D.jpeg

15 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I like the look of Cellars on the Dawn and were planning on going there quite a bit. Not sure if it being that empty if a good or bad thing. If you get chance could you see if they are serving champagne there. You would think so with it being a wine bar, but you never know.

I think the space was used more when it was a pub. They used to have a guitar player there, some times Karaoke, and a couple of TVs showing sports. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Dublin again.

Looking at Princess tour(next cruise) they take you and  bring you back to early for a 7am-7pm stop

Most towns not a lot happens before 10am why they drag you there so early

If you are solo using excursion credits by all means go for it and if you want to get off at Guinness make sure you tell the driver as soon as you get on so you are not riding around.  Guinness is very interesting and I highly recommended.  If you are up for it don’t wait for the bus to come around , walk to town and explore so you don’t waste time.

18 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

One other thing on Dublin, I see the last tender was 6pm. What time was departure?

7 PM … you have to be on the tender at 6PM.  It does not wait for you so if there is a delay on the transit that will be very bad

11 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I think the space was used more when it was a pub. They used to have a guitar player there, some times Karaoke, and a couple of TVs showing sports. 

Now it’s a very quiet space 😆 to sip coffee in the morning!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eggs2Go said:

Why??

It is a good cruise line but it does not fit my style of cruising.  I don’t like to be nickel and dime and have to go through all the marketing hoopla.  It does have value if you just want to cruise and don’t mind the food offerings and don’t want to pay any thing extra on NCL and can deal with the upsell.  I like to see quality production shows, have comedy shows, a solid fitness center to workout and a drink package that covers pretty much everything.  I like the activities they offer on Royal and the staff is friendlier and more interested in the activities.  The specialty dinning is a step above NCL and you get quality products.  The MDR offers classic solid quality meats every day on Royal vs the offerings on NCL.   Again my personal preference and you see what I see so it’s up to you to decide!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1