Price hike

keithhutch

Hi everyone, just checking prices for iona 24 th Sept this week.it has gone up £500 since monday.!!! I wonder is it because of the four day holiday coming up and p&o assume people may sit down and book a cruise..

8 hours ago, keithhutch said:

Hi everyone, just checking prices for iona 24 th Sept this week.it has gone up £500 since monday.!!! I wonder is it because of the four day holiday coming up and p&o assume people may sit down and book a cruise..

It could be that a few people have booked this cruise and the fluid pricing algorithm has upped the price. It will be interesting to see if it goes down again.

All the cruises I am booked on and those I have been following have now all returned to the prices before the offer finished on 30 May.  The OBC has also reduced to "normal" levels, for instance my 16/12 Britannia Christmas cruise obc reduced from £500 to £120.

Interestingly the price differential between early saver and select on my Iona cruise in October has also increased substantially - I'm guessing because P&O know everyone is scared of balcony cabins on deck 8 as the sales line mentioned when I was booking that cruise and my 2023 Arvia Christmas cruise!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2022 at 9:07 AM, Megabear2 said:

All the cruises I am booked on and those I have been following have now all returned to the prices before the offer finished on 30 May.  The OBC has also reduced to "normal" levels, for instance my 16/12 Britannia Christmas cruise obc reduced from £500 to £120.

Interestingly the price differential between early saver and select on my Iona cruise in October has also increased substantially - I'm guessing because P&O know everyone is scared of balcony cabins on deck 8 as the sales line mentioned when I was booking that cruise and my 2023 Arvia Christmas cruise!

Our travelling friends booked the same cruise as us on the 29th May and received £900 per cabin spend, we booked very early and got a third of that, however the cost of their holiday was £1700 more than we paid for, (  we, and they always choose select price)