App Issues

roxybear135

I tried checking something on my Navigator app this morning and just got a spinning wheel.  Then, whenever I clicked on anything (like my itinerary or shore excursions), the app would just close itself out.  I tried logging out and kept getting an error message when trying to sign back in.  I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app and also restarting my phone.  Nothing is working and I still can't log in to the app (I get the message "An unknown error has occurred.  Please try again later.")  Is anyone else having issues or have suggestions on how to get the app to work?  Thanks.

43 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

I tried checking something on my Navigator app this morning and just got a spinning wheel.  Then, whenever I clicked on anything (like my itinerary or shore excursions), the app would just close itself out.  I tried logging out and kept getting an error message when trying to sign back in.  I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app and also restarting my phone.  Nothing is working and I still can't log in to the app (I get the message "An unknown error has occurred.  Please try again later.")  Is anyone else having issues or have suggestions on how to get the app to work?  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, gummie22 said:

Yes, finding lots of problems: crashes, hangs and different info from what others are seeing. This happened on American Airlines, HAL, and others. Seems like there is a lot of shuffling going on, but don’t know why. So many things happening in the world right now - it could be anything. Let’s hope it gets sorted out.

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

Try updating the app then rebooting your device

I've already updated it, uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times, restarted my phone multiple times.  Nothing fixes it.

Ok, here is a bit more complicated fix but once you learn it - so simple.  Rapidly double click your home button.   This will bring up a screen full of all of the currently open apps and windows.  Swipe each one up until is disappears, it is now truly closed. Once all are dismissed, try again.  

I have one or two more tips if that doesn’t work

9 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Ok, here is a bit more complicated fix but once you learn it - so simple.  Rapidly double click your home button.   This will bring up a screen full of all of the currently open apps and windows.  Swipe each one up until is disappears, it is now truly closed. Once all are dismissed, try again.  

I have one or two more tips if that doesn’t work

I've already done that.  I think it may be an iPhone issue because my dad couldn't get it to log in on his phone but my fiancé can (he has an Android).  Hopefully it gets fixed soon because we have a cruise coming up in only a couple of weeks and I always use the app a bunch onboard.

23 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

I've already done that.  I think it may be an iPhone issue because my dad couldn't get it to log in on his phone but my fiancé can (he has an Android).  Hopefully it gets fixed soon because we have a cruise coming up in only a couple of weeks and I always use the app a bunch onboard.

My iPad and iPhone’s versions of navigator are working great, just tried a second ago.

11 minutes ago, Dunmore2 said:

My iPad and iPhone’s versions of navigator are working great, just tried a second ago.

Hmm not sure what the problem is then.  I wonder if there's an issue with my particular account (I had my dad try to log in to it since he doesn't have a HAL account).  No clue how to get that fixed if that's the issue since I can't find any contact info for their IT department.  I tried calling the customer service line but the wait was several hours.

14 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

This is a real lame suggestion.  Sign out of the app, if possible. 

I'm already signed out.  When I try to sign in on any device, it gives me an error message.  I'm on hold trying to reach someone at HAL to see if they can fix it.  Very frustrating.  Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

After finally reaching someone at HAL, it seems my app is mostly working (I can get my itinerary to load but not the restaurants and some other stuff) so no clue what happened.  But if anyone has issues with their app in the future, I found out that you can email navigator.support@hollandamerica.com to put in a support ticket and avoid the long hold time on the phone.

• Thanks 1