How many Voyager Club Points are considered high?

travelwide

I am just curious as to how many points most members have. We are U.S. residents and back when MSC entered the U.S. market  we matched and received Black, now Diamond, status. We have since accrued 25,000 additional points. We find it strange how one accrues points. 1,500 per cruise no matter which room you book. Not sure how you get double points or more per cruise.

Would love to hear from those in the know about how points are accrued and if anyone knows the number of points the highest member has. They do not mention at the Top Tier party the cruiser with the highest points on board or the number of points they have. Celebrity does and also gives a bottle of champagne and flowers.

This is from MSC's german website, hope you get the meaning: points per cruise are given depending on room category and duration of cruise (for example: 1500 points are given for 5-9 nights in YC or more than 9 nights in aurea)

Erlebniswelt Kreuzfahrten < 6 Tage - 5 Nächte Kreuzfahrten von 6 bis 10 Tagen - 5 bis 9 Nächte Kreuzfahrten > 10 Tage - 9 Nächte
Bella 200 Punkte 500 Punkte 700 Punkte
Fantastica 400 Punkte 700 Punkte 1000 Punkte
Aurea 600 Punkte 1000 Punkte 1500 Punkte
MSC Yacht Club 800 Punkte 1500 Punkte 2000 Punkte

In addition to this, one gets 100 points for each 150€/$ spent on board or services booked in advance.

28 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Thank you for your response. I am not sure our US website has this info. 

What is your opinion on how many points are considered a lot?

The US site does have the same information about collecting points

The website is:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club

Go down until you see "HOW TO COLLECT POINTS" and click on <Read More> and the information is there.

15 hours ago, Capricruiser said:

I don't know who has the highest number of points.  I got my Black card back in 2011 and now have about 85,000 points.  For these I get a 5% cruise discount and a chocolate ship.  Wow!

OMG that is very high. I agree they need to add additional levels with additional perks. Maybe 2 chocolate ships. LOL Just kidding. Maybe 1 bag of free laundry. An additional free meal in a specialty restaurant. Maybe someday.

What number of points do you think the the next level should start at?

When one cruises in the YC the points and status has very little meaning other than the usual 5% cruise discount.  As to the chocolate ships, they are certainly cute but we do not feel they are worth the extra weight to lug off the ship.  We have tried to give them away to the crew but they are not allowed to accept those ships.  So on our cruises we have left a few of those items behind (I wonder if they get tossed or enjoyed).

Hank

• Like 1