Switched cabins on us without notification

Denni9

13 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Got moved to rubbish cabin deck 12

Upgrade on paper to an IA.

While some cabins may be more desirable than others to some folks, I fail to see how any cabin on a cruise ship could be considered "rubbish."  Most of us are just delighted to be on the ship.  The rest is, as they say, "details."

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

While some cabins may be more desirable than others to some folks, I fail to see how any cabin on a cruise ship could be considered "rubbish."  Most of us are just delighted to be on the ship.  The rest is, as they say, "details."

Yikes! An interior room would certainly be rubbish. An oceanview room would be pretty darn close to rubbish. I would never cruise in anything less than a balcony and likely will never cruise in anything less than the Haven (more for the perks than the room)...but I do know I'd never, ever select a Haven interior/oceanview room if it existed. I don't count myself lucky to be cruising - I have plenty of other great vacation options.

And yes, I know I sound like a snob...I'm not proud of that but it's true.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:44 PM, Denni9 said:

Has anyone else had this issue with NCL?  When we arrived at the terminal to check in, the agent seemed quite confused because all our paperwork showed one cabin number but their system showed someone else in that cabin.  Told me we had to take it up with Guest Services and they were no help.  Although our new cabin was in the same category it wasn't anything similar to what we had booked.  Do we have any recourse?

I'd certainly be upset if my room were switched! The hotel manager would certainly hear from me, but as others said, yea the contract I signed likely negates them actually needing to apologize in any tangible way. I select my room (and like others) my airplane seats very carefully. 

It’s probably because they want to have that floor available for Covid quarantine. That’s what happened to us in January only there wasn’t another accessible cabin to move us to. So we were stuck with all the quarantined people. We didn’t get Covid surprisingly.

Happened on our last cruise. They moved our adjoining rooms to non-adjoining rooms. Didn't notice until I read fine print in some email they had sent us.  I didn't care where we moved to as long as rooms were adjoining. 4-5 hours of multiple people calling NCL, we were able to get adjoining rooms. We had to pay a little more than original booking, but were just happy to have adjoining rooms. Subsequent to cruise, NCL made a generous future cruise offer.

Adjoining rooms vs. non adjoining rooms is a huge deal for our family.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, cruiseny4life said:

Yikes! An interior room would certainly be rubbish. An oceanview room would be pretty darn close to rubbish. I would never cruise in anything less than a balcony and likely will never cruise in anything less than the Haven (more for the perks than the room)...but I do know I'd never, ever select a Haven interior/oceanview room if it existed. I don't count myself lucky to be cruising - I have plenty of other great vacation options.

And yes, I know I sound like a snob...I'm not proud of that but it's true.

A lot of the "just be glad you are cruising" idiots have surfaced since the return to cruising on forums and FB, a few have been around a long time.

There are plenty of rubbish cabins on ships, you build up your own list  as you gain experience of getting lumbered with them.

I accept them if I have gone GTY but even then try to limit the risk with careful selection

For us happy with an inside in the right place.

Distance from elevators is one factor that moves a cabin from good to rubbish.

Also don't like the cabins on lower decks where there are watertight doors(close by deck below) that get used during the night.

ON NCL you can get this issue(on some ships) obstructed ocean view on typically deck 8(nice) you can  get "upgraded" to a port hole on deck 4(rubbish).

Other rubbish cabin examples

4 berth with protruding Pullmans.

Cabins with pillars in the middle that are just in the way

Cabins low down forward near the thrusters, early wake up calls.

MSC do yacht club insides compact but cheaper and you get all the perks 

2 hours ago, insidecabin said:

A lot of the "just be glad you are cruising" idiots have surfaced since the return to cruising on forums and FB, a few have been around a long time.

A lot of them are the same people who think you don't have a right to be upset or even just bummed when a cruise line cancels your cruise for a charter.  Just because they can cancel doesn't mean you have to be happy about it.  Sure there isn't anything you can do about it but you have every right to vent.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimsig said:

A lot of them are the same people who think you don't have a right to be upset or even just bummed when a cruise line cancels your cruise for a charter.  Just because they can cancel doesn't mean you have to be happy about it.  Sure there isn't anything you can do about it but you have every right to vent.  

UK/EU bookings out of pocket expenses should be covered.

iIE. no limits on flight change fees.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CruisingCasualCruiser said:

Happened on our last cruise. They moved our adjoining rooms to non-adjoining rooms. Didn't notice until I read fine print in some email they had sent us.  I didn't care where we moved to as long as rooms were adjoining. 4-5 hours of multiple people calling NCL, we were able to get adjoining rooms. We had to pay a little more than original booking, but were just happy to have adjoining rooms. Subsequent to cruise, NCL made a generous future cruise offer.

Adjoining rooms vs. non adjoining rooms is a huge deal for our family.

I have connecting cabins with my children booked, we even had to change the dates of our cruise to get those rooms and I would be beyond pissed if they changed my cabin.

• Like 2