Travel to Bermuda Visa

Ed342

I need some guidance - as an international traveler (I am not an American citizen) leaving on a cruise from New York City with a port stop in Bermuda, I am being told by the cruise line that I need a Visa for entry into Bermuda, without any explanation as to why. I can't seem to find the logic for this, since we do not go thru immigration to board the ship. Any help or info on this is appreciated.

20 minutes ago, Ed342 said:

I need some guidance - as an international traveler (I am not an American citizen) leaving on a cruise from New York City with a port stop in Bermuda, I am being told by the cruise line that I need a Visa for entry into Bermuda, without any explanation as to why. I can't seem to find the logic for this, since we do not go thru immigration to board the ship. Any help or info on this is appreciated.

The Bermuda Government requires all visitors to apply for a Travel Authorisation. It is not a Visa in the traditional sense although it sort of is. Even their own returning residents have to apply. It is supposed to be a measure to keep Covid out although that is impossible. It is not logical but you will have to do it to board the shiip. You apply directly to the Bermuda Governement. Read the threads on the Bermuda Travel Auhorization for more info. It is a hot topic. You apply directly to Bermuda and pay a $ 40 fee. https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-travellers-visitors

Edited by Charles4515

14 minutes ago, Ed342 said:

Every country has its own visa requirements . Without knowing your citizenship it's impossible to advise you of Bermuda's requirements.

Even if you don't get off the ship you're in Bermuda as soon as the ship enters its territorial waters and have to comply with Bermuda's requirements.

You do go through immigration when you enter Bermuda. Normally it is not an in person immigration check. The cruise line provides a passenger manifest to Bermuda which certifies that all passengers have met Bermuda's immigration requirements including a visa if one is necessary.

Also as mentioned by @Charles4515Bermuda has a COVID19  Travel Authorization process in place, which could be confused with a visa requirement, but again without knowing your citizenship it's impossible to tell you if you really do need a visa.

1 hour ago, Ed342 said:

Thanks. So, the Visa is checked by the person who checks you in at the cruise terminal in NYC ?  Correct ?

Here's what is on NCL's website:

image.png.4b2ccc22f71f58a4f8e73353eeff6fad.png

Yes, your passport and visa are checked at the cruise terminal on embarkation day.