Seward to Anchorage- Coach Bus or Train?

momof3atsea

I am looking for information on the bus vs train from the Silver Muse Seward port to the airport.  Silversea representatives have not provided many details and I am trying to decide between the two options.  Please share any personal experience you have.  Thank you!

There's a third option to consider, depending on your timing: renting a car and driving. I liked being able to stop at some scenic points along the road to take better pictures than I could have from a bus or train.

image.thumb.jpeg.5dd16e151c5a816babce4c02de4687c6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.329399d8e568c07e5d4eba88edd5b937.jpeg

Several years ago, the cost for a one-way rental was expensive, so I hate to think what it might be today! 😉  It's about a two-and-a-half hour drive straight through, but there are roadside pullouts and some attractions you can visit along the way, depending on your timing. 

• Like 2

Booked the gold star service train.   Later learned fare included bus to airport allowing time to catch afternoon flight to San Francisco.  Cancelled train and they kept 10% of fare.  Not keen on taking bus as it is sure to have too many people on it.   Took bus to Seward three years ago that had four other passengers......nice.   Kinda, sorta wish I had kept the train booking, but timing was an issue.

I've driven the route from Seward once and to Homer once.   Nice, but will not repeat.  

Edited by saminina
  • Like 1

Mine is booked with the train and overnight in Anchorage. I had no idea it was so far when it was booked.

Having watched some clips on YouTube, its certainly my preferred option.

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1