HAL changed our cabin without notification

groundloop

We are about to make final payment, and our TA called to advise that we have also been moved, but to an accessible cabin. I have no idea why. I have concerns that our view will be compromised as it’s one of the angled verandahs. (Zuiderdam 6049) Does anyone know anything about this cabin and the view?

TA is trying to find out why we were moved. It doesn’t seem right that we should be taking up an accessible cabin when someone else might actually need it. 

44 minutes ago, 13momo said:

We are about to make final payment, and our TA called to advise that we have also been moved, but to an accessible cabin. I have no idea why. I have concerns that our view will be compromised as it’s one of the angled verandahs. (Zuiderdam 6049) Does anyone know anything about this cabin and the view?

TA is trying to find out why we were moved. It doesn’t seem right that we should be taking up an accessible cabin when someone else might actually need it. 

6049 is a VA cabin, so very likely HAL was upgrading you to a "better" cabin.  Once I select my cabin, I always have them mark my reservation "Do Not Upgrade" to avoid being moved by the cruiseline.  Often their idea of a better cabin location is not the same as mine.  IMO, I like the angled cabins as you usually get more room plus due to the angle you can get a better view in most cases.

9 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

6049 is a VA cabin, so very likely HAL was upgrading you to a "better" cabin.  Once I select my cabin, I always have them mark my reservation "Do Not Upgrade" to avoid being moved by the cruiseline.  Often their idea of a better cabin location is not the same as mine.  IMO, I like the angled cabins as you usually get more room plus due to the angle you can get a better view in most cases.

Thank you. This will be our first ever cruise, so I have no frame of reference. Add to that the fact that I simply cannot visualize things and I am clueless. Our TA had marked as as Do not upgrade, so I’m. OT sure why this change was made.