Kosher Meals

btyko

We are cruising in July on Carnival Conquest. Some in our group have ordered Kosher meals. 

For those who have done this, how was your experience?

How do they receive their meals for breakfasts or lunches not served in the dining rooms?

Thanks in advance. 

Unless things have changed (we've taken two grandchildren who required K meals) they will only get K meals at dinner. Meet with the Maitre D when you/they board to inform him/her that the menu should be shown at that point. The meals will be ready by dinner. Breakfast and lunch at the buffets will be a matter of choosing from the normal choices (expect them to have a lot of salad). If they won't use the dishes or silverware at the buffet they'd better bring some to use. Any specific question? You could IM me if you'd like. If you'll be out Fri./Sat. NO REAL CANDLES we brought electric--and bring either wine or grape juice.

Edited by chocolate melting cake

You may arrange in advance to have your meals prepared ashore in a kosher kitchen. The seal them in trays and keep them in a separate area from the main foodstuffs. They are heated and brought to the table by the waiter who uncovers the food in front of you. Kitchen and wait staff are trained in the liturgy of your faith and knows to respect the necessities of keeping Kosher. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Unless things have changed (we've taken two grandchildren who required K meals) they will only get K meals at dinner. Meet with the Maitre D when you/they board to inform him/her that the menu should be shown at that point. The meals will be ready by dinner. Breakfast and lunch at the buffets will be a matter of choosing from the normal choices (expect them to have a lot of salad). If they won't use the dishes or silverware at the buffet they'd better bring some to use. Any specific question? You could IM me if you'd like. If you'll be out Fri./Sat. NO REAL CANDLES we brought electric--and bring either wine or grape juice.

Have you arranged ahead of time for Kosher meals? Keep in mind these are pretty much "frozen meals" that are served appropriate wrapped with plastic silverware. I can't imagine that they would be refused at other times when needed. Just might take some time to prep them.

We arranged for the Kosher meals when we booked the cruise. I am not concerned about the meals in the dining rooms, just the breakfasts and lunches on Lido. I don’t want  them to call room service for the meals and find out at that time that there is nothing for them. I will make sure that they bring paper plates and plastic silverware with them just in case they are needed. 

Thanks for your help.