Kitchen Classes

ruready

For those who have done a few of the classes, which ones did you like?   We are signed up for a few for an upcoming cruise, but not sure if any are truly interesting.  The best thing about it for me is that it is an activity with limited amounts of people (plus something I can do with family and if pre-booked, I know we have a spot!).  TIA.  

5 minutes ago, ruready said:

For those who have done a few of the classes, which ones did you like?   We are signed up for a few for an upcoming cruise, but not sure if any are truly interesting.  The best thing about it for me is that it is an activity with limited amounts of people (plus something I can do with family and if pre-booked, I know we have a spot!).  TIA.  

On Carnival? What ship(s)?  I have never heard of this before. 

My husband did the BBQ class on the Mardi Gras last month. He met a fellow passenger from another state and those two really hit it off and enjoyed themselves. He said he would definitely do another class. Hope this helps. 

Check out @willdra's current review of her cruise on the Mardi Gras. She did a class on there that was tailgating inspired and enjoyed it! She gives a detailed description of class, how's its run and what you make. Sounded like a fun activity! 

We did the pasta class on Mardi Gras.  There are pics and description in my Mardi Gras review from Jan.  It was so much fun!  I can’t wait to do another one!

We did the tailgating class on the Mardi Gras and it was a lot of fun! We made cheese empanadas, chicken nugget type things and and pretzel nuggets. They were really good (although I'm not an empanada fan). I definitely would do another class. 

I should have noted we will be on the Panorama.  We are currently signed up for the sushi class as a family.  Also me and son for pie making class.  Then my husband for bbq/pit class.  I think me and my son are signed up for one more, but cannot remember which one.  However I saw some mention the tailgating one.  Maybe I will change one of them to that one. 

On 6/7/2022 at 12:52 PM, TerReuv said:

Are you able to see and book these classes before the cruise?  If so, where do you find them?  We are on the Horizon in October and would love to do this!

Yes they are available online. Just go into your planner and click on specialty dining. You should be able to book classes from there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, no1racefan1 said:

I want to do cooking classes! I've never heard of these either. Is this only on newer ships? Sign up in advance?

I’m not sure what ships are doing it but we’ve booked classes for our upcoming Mardi Gras cruise. Just go to your planner and click on specialty dining. If your ship offers it you should be able to book the classes from there. 

• Like 1

I'm going on a Back to back on Mardi Gras on Nov.12, and Nov.19 and signed up for a Pie making, and a pizza Dough class.I can't wait. You can look on Mardi Gras cooking class on youtube and they show some classes. 

Edited by peteandpris

We have done the Pasta, BBQ, Pie, and Ice Cream classes and they all were fantastic. They take about an hour each and you are assigned  two to a station and a Chef walks you through how to make food. Currently they are only available on the Mardi Gras and the Panorama.  Probably one of the most fun things we did on the ship!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

Yes they are available online. Just go into your planner and click on specialty dining. You should be able to book classes from there. 

How far in advance to the classes get posted? We're on Mardi Gras in Jan 2023 and I don't see any options yet under specialty dining. 

5 hours ago, ctlyf said:

How far in advance to the classes get posted? We're on Mardi Gras in Jan 2023 and I don't see any options yet under specialty dining. 

I’m not sure when they’ll pop up but keep checking. We are on the Mardi Gras in July and have booked some classes. So the Mardi Gras definitely offers them. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rwest898 said:

How much was the pasta class?  Thanks!

$30 per person. 2 people to a station that cook together.  So if the class if full (most are) and you are taking the class by yourself, you will be paired with another cruiser and share cooking and food made with them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IslandFamilyTime said:

$30 per person. 2 people to a station that cook together.  So if the class if full (most are) and you are taking the class by yourself, you will be paired with another cruiser and share cooking and food made with them. 

Thank you