Sanctuary on Crown Princess to Alaska

glm77777

I was just wondering if booking a day or 2 at the sanctuary on the Crown princess to Alaska June 2022 will be worth it. While I love the idea of an adult only area, the fact that the area is outdoors makes me wonder if it will be too cool to enjoy. Any thoughts?

Also, if anyone has any tips, suggestions or advice for our upcoming cruise June 18th,  we would love to hear them! This is our first trip to Alaska and our first time cruising with Princess. It will be my adult daughter and I. We have a balcony cabin on the Baja deck. 

Thanks so much!!

Here is a photo of my wife all "wrapped" up in the Sanctuary in Glacier Bay, but I don't want to discourage you. The Sanctuary is a wonderful place with comfortable seating, great views and serenity stewards to cater to your every need. The weather in Alaska can be so unpredictable!

P1010091.JPG

1 hour ago, redtop101 said:

Here is a photo of my wife all "wrapped" up in the Sanctuary in Glacier Bay, but I don't want to discourage you. The Sanctuary is a wonderful place with comfortable seating, great views and serenity stewards to cater to your every need. The weather in Alaska can be so unpredictable!

P1010091.JPG

You're adorable! 

Just curious if you brought your own blanket or if the Crown Princess provides them?? :)

7 minutes ago, Connie N Crew said:

You're adorable! 

Just curious if you brought your own blanket or if the Crown Princess provides them?? 🙂

Blankets provided by Princess. Everything else provided by wife. 😂

• Like 1

Alaska weather and temperatures can vary so much it is impossible to know in advance what the temperatures will be when you cruise.

"Live froms" recently have said temperatures have ranged from needing to bundle up to able to wear shorts.

The good news is that when it is time for you to cruise you can use the Internet at home to see what the predicted temperatures will be.

If you think it will be warm enough, then when you get on board rush to the Sanctuary to book the days you want.

As I understand it, if it turns out that the weather will not be what you hoped for, you can cancel the Sanctuary reservations and not have to pay for them.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't prebook, because it depends on weather and especially winds. On every Princess coastal and Alaska cruise I've been on the Sanctuary has been deserted, because it's simply too cold, and if you want to enjoy views of wildlife and whales, the outside promenade is much nicer and allows you to follow the sun and wind directions. I had nothing but sun in Alaska a few weeks ago, including 70-degree days in Ketchikan and Juneau, but when the ship is moving the wind simply makes it too cold to endure being outside for any length of time. The only tolerable time would be in port on a warm day, but then you're sitting in the Sanctuary instead of enjoying Alaska. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Connie N Crew said:

Does anyone know if Princess provides blankets in other places also? Or only in the sanctuary? 🙂

They provide them up at the pool deck at night when watching Movies Under The Stars. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Connie N Crew said:

Does anyone know if Princess provides blankets in other places also? Or only in the sanctuary? 🙂

I would not reserve the Sanctuary for Alaska, but I usually bring a couple blankets down from the pool deck/MUTS to use on our own balcony. 

Edited by GloriaF
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 9:34 PM, glm77777 said:

I was just wondering if booking a day or 2 at the sanctuary on the Crown princess to Alaska June 2022 will be worth it. While I love the idea of an adult only area, the fact that the area is outdoors makes me wonder if it will be too cool to enjoy. Any thoughts?

Also, if anyone has any tips, suggestions or advice for our upcoming cruise June 18th,  we would love to hear them! This is our first trip to Alaska and our first time cruising with Princess. It will be my adult daughter and I. We have a balcony cabin on the Baja deck. 

Thanks so much!!

We used The Sanctuary for our Alaska trip on the day the ship sailed the narrow pass to Glacier. It was the highlight of our trip. 

Yes, it was cold (even in August) but the ship provided us with blankets. Also served hot beverages ( including hot cocoa) and a wonderful seafood chowder. You could order any food offered on board and the stewards brought them to you - no charge. We stayed for easily 6 hours. 

22 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

You can stay on the ship.  Are you switching cabins?