How Busy are MSC Divina and Seashore right now?

scottamemnon

Seeing Carnival and Royal sailing at 100%+ now, and he reviews are starting to get concerning there about Covid.. it seems like a large number of people are getting it on cruises now and I have an unvaccinated infant who I would prefer didn't get it if possible.

For anyone who has sailed Caribbean sailings on the Divina or Seashore lately, how busy has it been?

We just returned from the  7-day sailing of the MSC Divina that departed Port Canaveral May 29 and returned June 5.  There were  approximately 1,000 passengers on that sailing.  We were easily able to socially distance while eating at the buffet.  We very rarely shared an elevator ride with anyone outside our group.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scottamemnon said:

Seeing Carnival and Royal sailing at 100%+ now, and he reviews are starting to get concerning there about Covid.. it seems like a large number of people are getting it on cruises now and I have an unvaccinated infant who I would prefer didn't get it if possible.

For anyone who has sailed Caribbean sailings on the Divina or Seashore lately, how busy has it been?

Could you provide some support for that assertion?  Fleet wide?

There have been numerous comments in various threads across lines about the still underwater cruise counts versus capacities compared to the CEO's of each's predictions.

5 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Could you provide some support for that assertion?  Fleet wide?

There have been numerous comments in various threads across lines about the still underwater cruise counts versus capacities compared to the CEO's of each's predictions.

Its just what I have heard from cruise news sources, I have no official info.  Also Carnival ships seem to be packed on youtube reviews of late.  Considering my facebook group for the Carnival Horizon cruise I was going on in a few weeks has gone over 500 members, that is a pretty big sign of how full some of the ships are.  Also seeing people report that the Sunshine is packed out of Charleston every sailing of late.  I am sure its not every ship though.

I have friends that have sailed Carnival recently and they are definitely sailing close to or at normal double occupancy capacity numbers.  Numbers running 4000+ on some sailings.

I leave on Divina tomorrow.  A friend who is currently on the ship doing a B2B said that the four-night cruise currently at Ocean Cay has 1600 total passengers with 64 in the Yacht Club.  Our three-day cruise starting tomorrow is expected to be 2100 total with 78 in Yacht Club.  Divina's capacities are 3502 double occupancy with a lifeboat maximum of 4202.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help.  We have gone ahead and cancelled our Carnival cruise for 4th of July week and now will be on the Seashore.  Capacity wasnt the only issue with Carnival(issues with the ship being reported).  Really excited to go on the Seashore though.  Only ever sailed on the MSC Armonia with this line... I am sure it will be  a huge difference!

• Like 1

At the cdc website there are a lot of cruise lines with covid cases high enough to warrant investigation, i.e., orange. There are approximately 86 vessels with covid. The seashore is listed as orange status.

The data is only current as of May 5th.

15 minutes ago, scottamemnon said:

Thanks for the help.  We have gone ahead and cancelled our Carnival cruise for 4th of July week and now will be on the Seashore.  Capacity wasnt the only issue with Carnival(issues with the ship being reported).  Really excited to go on the Seashore though.  Only ever sailed on the MSC Armonia with this line... I am sure it will be  a huge difference!

What date did you pick for the Seashore?  July 2nd or 9th?

I was blown away by the Meraviglia sailing practically empty in February...only 600 passengers!!! My friend was on the Seashore up until mid-may, when he said there were 3800 passengers (of 5700 or so). The week before were half that. I think the ships will get progressively fuller as summer arrives. 

MSC is funded by their parent shipping company so they can lose money on a sailing no problem. Other lines dont have that luxury.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scottamemnon said:

It will be like night and day difference! I wouldn't say the Lirica class, where the Armonia sits, as being bad. I'd say it as being on a state where it is becoming somewhat out of standards right now. Huge numbers of inside and ocean view without balcony cabins, smaller venues, smaller itens availability elsewhere, such a dated design, in summary no bells & whistles to say the least. I'd do a Lirica class cruise only if it was such a 3/4 nights cruises. Otherwise not so much.