On Celebrity Equinox quarantined in my cabin with Covid

Flyonby

I have been in Covid quarantine on the Apex for the past 8 days.  On this ship, they do not use a balcony.  Instead, the red zone is on deck 3.  I have a window,, but absolutely no air.   I have no symptoms at all now, but have to stay isolated because my tests were still positive.  This condition of isolation is very difficult, even though I am grateful that I had only very mild symptoms.  I am sure many will not self report because of the stress of quarantine. Apex was at 3% three days ago.  I am certain it is higher now.  

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, quicklabs said:

I have been in Covid quarantine on the Apex for the past 8 days.  On this ship, they do not use a balcony.  Instead, the red zone is on deck 3.  I have a window,, but absolutely no air.   I have no symptoms at all now, but have to stay isolated because my tests were still positive.  This condition of isolation is very difficult, even though I am grateful that I had only very mild symptoms.  I am sure many will not self report because of the stress of quarantine. Apex was at 3% three days ago.  I am certain it is higher now.  

I'm sorry to hear you're in quarantine on deck 3. I tested positive on the next to last day of the Apex TA and quarantined on the following cruise. I'd heard that those who tested positive earlier in the cruise were moved to deck 3 but for the next cruise they moved cruisers who were on deck 6 to other decks and made a large part of deck 6 the quarantine area. Percent positive was over 3% per the Captain on the TA and, sadly, they did not test b2b cruisers so # of positives continued on the following cruise. I know there were around 50 on deck 6 when I was there and that didn't account for those who chose to quarantine in Amsterdam or found out they were positive when they tested to fly home. (which was still required mid-end of May). 

I agree that many will not self report now due to stress of quarantine and also because a negative test isn't required to fly back to the US. Hope you're out of quarantine soon and sorry you've had to quarantine in a room without any fresh air.