Permanent Resident , what is needed to cruise?

tony_g51181

Going to be taking my GF on her first cruise she is a US Permanent Resident with card and Georgia Drivers License and German Passport.  What all is required to travel?  I was told that we may also need to contact the visiting countries embassy to see what is required?  We are going to HMC and Nassau on Carnival Cruise.  Any Insight is needed thanks!

You will need to take a look at each country you'll be visiting - looks like just the Bahamas. My husband is a permanent resident as well - he needed to bring his foreign passport and green card. We had his state issued ID (not REAL ID compliant) which was also requested. We traveled to Bermuda and they don't have any additional visa requirements since he's a permanent resident - my guess is your GF will be fine as well since she's from a Schengen area country.

NCL has a webpage which will direct you to the requirements for green card holders. Here's the page - you can follow a link on this page to each nation's individual requirements.

58 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

NCL has a webpage which will direct you to the requirements for green card holders. Here's the page - you can follow a link on this page to each nation's individual requirements.

FYI some cruise lines impose more stringent documentation requirements than those required by law. Since the OP is cruising on Carnival, not NCL,  they have to follow Carnival's rules in addition to rules imposed by the Bahamas. While this is usually more of a problem on luxury lines even mass market lines like Carnival can have occasional quirks in their requirements.

1 hour ago, tony_g51181 said:

Going to be taking my GF on her first cruise she is a US Permanent Resident with card and Georgia Drivers License and German Passport.  What all is required to travel?  I was told that we may also need to contact the visiting countries embassy to see what is required?  We are going to HMC and Nassau on Carnival Cruise.  Any Insight is needed thanks!

Assuming that Carnival doesn't have some unusual requirement (see my comment above) per the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism your GF's green card and valid German passport are all that's needed for a visit not exceeding 30 days:

https://www.bahamas.com/plan-your-trip/island-faq/visa-immigration#:~:text=An original Alien Registration Card,stay longer than 30 days.

U.S. Permanent Residents (Non-citizens)
To enter The Bahamas, U.S. residents who are not citizens need the following documentation:

For visits NOT exceeding 30 days:
An original Alien Registration Card (Green Card) is required, along with a national passport (passport from country of birth).

For visits exceeding 30 days:
A valid national passport and a Bahamas visa are required for U.S. resident non-citizens wishing to stay longer than 30 days.