Newbie questions for first ocean cruise

arlowood

22 minutes ago, sleepingcat said:

saga newbies with questions.  Back in January2022  @norbert's niece posted a blog (title B2B2B...) with more photos than you could imagine of every aspect of their cabin and SoA.  She even included a picture of the laundry bag and the price list as far as I can recall.  So have a look through that and see if it helps with your queries. In my review of the 20 January departure, I listed all the stuff you get free in the cabin, as I had also had difficulties finding info. 

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, sleepingcat said:

saga newbies with questions.  Back in January2022  @norbert's niece posted a blog (title B2B2B...) with more photos than you could imagine of every aspect of their cabin and SoA.  She even included a picture of the laundry bag and the price list as far as I can recall.  So have a look through that and see if it helps with your queries. In my review of the 20 January departure, I listed all the stuff you get free in the cabin, as I had also had difficulties finding info. 

I did seek out the norbert's niece blog and while I found some the early observations interesting and useful I didn't find much that directly spoke to the actual storage capacity in the cabin. I did note that she had brought a hanging shoe storage device because of the lack of adequate space elsewhere for shoe storage.

The actual blog is 30 pages long and I only got up to page 10, I think. Maybe she covered storage at a later stage but I haven't had time top plough through the rest of it so far.

We have had no problem with storage space when on board for over a month. There is plenty of room under the bed to store suitcases, shoes and life jackets and there is a reasonable no of drawers and shelves. We do use their laundry service for some of our clothes but not, as mentioned above, for anything delicate. The charges are reasonable if you don't qualify for free laundry.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:28 PM, david05 said:

We do use their laundry service for some of our clothes but not, as mentioned above, for anything delicate. The charges are reasonable if you don't qualify for free laundry.

Norbertsniece did put a photo of the laundry price list on her blog, at an entry dated January 24 on page 4 of that blog. I reproduce it here, although it is a wee bit blurred! From my recollection of prices pre-Covid, they do seem to be charging somewhat more than they did pre-Covid. 

image.jpeg.8c6900fe95a8752737b3afbf25637c13.jpeg

Overall, we managed to find a space for everything, although I did like the look of the walk-in wardrobes in the Deluxe cabins ... 

we had a walk-in wardrobe on Regent Navigator and it was great. I can’t justify the extra money for a deluxe just for a walk-in.

Edited by SallyRobert

How long before the start of a cruise does one normally receive the final mailing with info on such things as what time the taxi will be picking you up, and one's ticket and luggage labels? My cruise is the SoD one to Iceland and Greenland departing Dover on 10th July, and I'm starting to get a little nervous that the mailing hasn't arrived yet.

27 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

How long before the start of a cruise does one normally receive the final mailing with info on such things as what time the taxi will be picking you up, and one's ticket and luggage labels? My cruise is the SoD one to Iceland and Greenland departing Dover on 10th July, and I'm starting to get a little nervous that the mailing hasn't arrived yet.

can be one to two weeks before. Don’t worry you’ll get a letter enclosing labels and transport pick up time. Saga don’t give you tickets . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jh1809 said:

If you booked direct with Saga your pickup time should also appear in MySaga, under UK Travel, perhaps a week or so before you get your letter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david05 said:

If you booked direct with Saga your pickup time should also appear in MySaga, under UK Travel, perhaps a week or so before you get your letter.

Thanks. I booked via a travel agent, which means I can't use MySaga (unlike with P&O where, even if you booked through an agent, you can still access their equivalent). But all is well, as the mailing arrived this morning. It contained less information about the embarkation process than I was expecting, but included the essentials.

• Thanks 1