Passports are they renewing faster

ILOVESHIPS

We paid the fee to expedite ours and had it in about 3 weeks but I have heard others say they did not pay the expedite fee and got theirs in 3 or 4 weeks.      Varies based on the office that is processing.

how quick do you need it?

47 minutes ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

Hi   I am renewing passport.  Mailed it  on  May 18. They received it on May 24 and cashed the check.  How soon have you been getting the passport back.

The cashed check is usually the signal it’s being shipped out imminently. I would guess you would have it maybe end of next week. 

38 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

The cashed check is usually the signal it’s being shipped out imminently. I would guess you would have it maybe end of next week. 

My passport was received by the renewal facility on April 26, the check cleared the bank on April 29.  Passport was  pending until June 1 when status changed to approved.  At that time the site said it had been sent to a facility for printing.  I received my new one on June 3. 

Sherri🙂

We applied for my kids 3 passports mid April.  The paperwork reached was marked received end of April and checks were cashed around that time as well.  As of this past weekend, the passports are still listed as pending.  We still have time, but am surprised it is taking so long.

When we renewed ours back in April and it took 13 days - that was from the day I dropped them in the mail, until I received them back in my mailbox.  I guess we hit it just right as it seems most everyone else is seeing 3 weeks and longer.  

Had the kids back in about 3.5 weeks without paying to be rushed. It isn't a guarantee that you will get it that fast and they always tell you when it's processed that it will take the usual time frame. Just be aware it's the Federal Gov. Anything is possible!!

BTW, my 13-day turnaround was NOT with expedited service.  I did send them out via Priority Mail, mainly so I'd have a tracking number.  And they went to Philadelphia, so maybe that service center is just exceptionally quick.