Shore Excursioneer

KKconnect

Shorexcusioneer is a broker. That means they take your money and go subcontract with a local, low budget tour operator to provide the service. That means some attractive prices, but it also means if you have any issues, it will be difficult to determine who to contact and how to contact them.

The more frequent recommendations are to do your research and go direct with recommended local providers. 

• Like 1

I did an excursion booked through them on one of my cruises in 2019, the tour was in Cabo.  Once on shore we dealt directly with the tour operator.  A portion of the cost was due up front (maybe the broker's portion?) with the remainder due at the end of the excursion. 

We (3 of us) were under the impression that the tour, or portions of it, was a private tour of JUST our party but we were paired with another party that had some trouble disembarking onto the tender.  The tour information also advised that those with mobility issues shouldn't take it, but mobility issues were the very reason the other group were delayed getting off the ship.

Overall - the tour operator was easy to work with, and they were 5 minutes away from taking just my party out for the boat portion before the van portion as they normally do then taking the other party out for the boat portion after the van tour.

1 hour ago, Leapinggreenly said:

hello. I'm struggling to find independant local tour operators. I'm new to cruising and the time constraints make it difficult to book ready made tours. I'd really appreciate your advice!

Where are you cruising? Check the Ports boards, for all sorts of recommendations; here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2-ports-of-call/