Transfers from Southampton

ak1004

Do you know if Oceania offers transfers from Southampton to Heathrow airport, and if they do, what is the earliest time we can book our flight? There is a flight from Heathrow to Toronto at 14:10. I know it takes around 2 hours to get from Southampton to Heathrow, so if the transfer leaves around 9:30, this should be enough time? The next flight is at 18:00.

49 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Do you know if Oceania offers transfers from Southampton to Heathrow airport, and if they do, what is the earliest time we can book our flight? There is a flight from Heathrow to Toronto at 14:10. I know it takes around 2 hours to get from Southampton to Heathrow, so if the transfer leaves around 9:30, this should be enough time? The next flight is at 18:00.

When we did that stop they did have transfers for a fee  & you should be off before 9 am  

I would book the earliest time slot they offer

We stayed a few days in Southampton so booked a car service  left at 8:30 am  & plenty of time for that flight

• Thanks 1

We just disembarked Sirena in Southampton.  We were in the second group to leave the ship and were off by 8:45  or so. We took the Oceania bus to Heathrow and arrived in plenty of time for our 14:05 flight.  Transfers were included with Oceania Air but could also be purchased for $79 per person.  

Yesterday United Airlines posted that there is currently a worker shortage at Heathrow and they are advising international travelers to arrive 4 hours in advance! Hopefully that is a short term problem. 

Edited by aqua

When arriving at Southampton (or departing from it) we have always booked time on shore before the cruise. We have used several car services in the past (but NOT recently) so 'm not recommending anyone now since I don't know if the services we used are still in existence.  I would suggest googling car services.

we are currently booked for the August 30, 2023 sailing from Southampton on VISTA.  We usually spend time in London because we have friends there, but I'm considering staying in the Southampton area pre-cruise.  Some years ago we had a tour from London to Stonehenge and Bath and we always thought we'd like to spend a couple of days in Bath.  So we may do that for this cruise ... if Mary Jane will let us!

2 hours ago, aqua said:

We just disembarked Sirena in Southampton.  We were in the second group to leave the ship and were off by 8:45  or so. We took the Oceania bus to Heathrow and arrived in plenty of time for our 14:05 flight.  Transfers were included with Oceania Air but could also be purchased for $79 per person.  

Yesterday United Airlines posted that there is currently a worker shortage at Heathrow and they are advising international travelers to arrive 4 hours in advance! Hopefully that is a short term problem. 

Thank you! $79 is actually pretty reasonable.. Our cruise in in May 2023, so hopefully things will look better by then..

$79 is really reasonable from Southampton - Heathrow for a transfer. Allow plenty of time as you will be travelling during rush hour and the roads around Soton and then around LHR can get busy during those times. 

Actually surprised that the O price for the transfer is so reasonable LOL 

3 hours ago, ToxM said:

$79 is really reasonable from Southampton - Heathrow for a transfer. Allow plenty of time as you will be travelling during rush hour and the roads around Soton and then around LHR can get busy during those times. 

Actually surprised that the O price for the transfer is so reasonable LOL 

I would agree, $79 from Southampton to LHR p/p does sound reasonable, especially considering how much I've seen they charge from Port of Miami to MIA.  Don't they charge something like $59 p/p for what is under a $30 cab ride?

Back in 2019, we were arriving at LHR with a significant amount of luggage, so we booked a private transfer on our own.  The firm provided an MPV (Mercedes Benz Viano) and, to go from LHR to the Hilton at Ageas Bowl, was £154.70 + 10% tip (£15).  I've just taken a look at the current rates and the same trip would now cost £202 + 10% tip (£20).  US$79 isn't a bad deal at all!

3 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

Back in 2019, we were arriving at LHR with a significant amount of luggage, so we booked a private transfer on our own.  The firm provided an MPV (Mercedes Benz Viano) and, to go from LHR to the Hilton at Ageas Bowl, was £154.70 + 10% tip (£15).  I've just taken a look at the current rates and the same trip would now cost £202 + 10% tip (£20).  US$79 isn't a bad deal at all!

Gasoline prices are much higher now than in 2019 😉