The 4 MDRs On The Apex - Scheduling Them...

Raxter54

Being a first time Celebrity cruiser, I'm wondering how scheduling which MDR you eat in is done.  If I pick Cosmopolitan the first night, do I have to stick with it, or can I change from night to night? We have early dining, so do I use the app to indicate which MDR I will be eating in every night? I usually tip our wait staff on the last night, how do I do this if I eat in different MDRs, have to split up the gratuity and go to each MDR to hand the gratuity out? I'm probably making it more complicated that it is, but questions still linger...

You can schedule with the App or go to the Restaurant and talk to the hostess. If in Concierge cabin you can have them schedule for you. Same with suites.

On the TA last month just walked up to and were seated in the 4 MDR's in no more than 2 minutes, anytime we walked up. Maybe 2/3 capacity cruise.

Mirage 

Are you booked in early dining or Select dining (anytime)?  They are different.

If you are booked in early dining you will be assigned to 1 of the 4 MDRs, at the same table every night.

If you want to try one of the other dining rooms ask the MaitreD who can arrange for you to visit another dining room.

If you booked Select dining then you can 1 either make reservations in any of tge MDRs at any time either via the Cruise Planner or once on the ship.  You can change MDRs and times to suit your schedule. 

Edited by jelayne

18 minutes ago, Raxter54 said:

Being a first time Celebrity cruiser, I'm wondering how scheduling which MDR you eat in is done.  If I pick Cosmopolitan the first night, do I have to stick with it, or can I change from night to night? We have early dining, so do I use the app to indicate which MDR I will be eating in every night? I usually tip our wait staff on the last night, how do I do this if I eat in different MDRs, have to split up the gratuity and go to each MDR to hand the gratuity out? I'm probably making it more complicated that it is, but questions still linger...

On the Edge we called in and made a reservation for a couple of spacialties (had to pay full price) and scheduled the MDRs we wanted.  It was all very easy and got right through.  

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Are you booked in early dining or Select dining (anytime)?  They are different.

If you are booked in early dining you will be assigned to 1 of the 4 MDRs, at the same table every night.

If you want to try one of the other dining rooms ask the MaitreD who can arrange for you to visit another dining room.

If you booked Select dining then you can 1 either make reservations in any of tge MDRs at any time either via the Cruise Planner or once on the ship.  You can change MDRs and times to suit your schedule. 

We are booked for early dining. Will I be notified ahead of time which dining room we are assigned to, in case we want to change?

37 minutes ago, Raxter54 said:

We are booked for early dining. Will I be notified ahead of time which dining room we are assigned to, in case we want to change?

I don’t know for sure but I believe your dining room and table assignment will be in your cabin when your board.  From what I have read the a MaitreDs are good about making arrangements to try the other MDRs and when we were on the Apex you could order any of the dining room specific dishes in any of the MDRs; so if you were seated in Cypress you could order the special Tuscan dishes.

30 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I don’t know for sure but I believe your dining room and table assignment will be in your cabin when your board.  From what I have read the a MaitreDs are good about making arrangements to try the other MDRs and when we were on the Apex you could order any of the dining room specific dishes in any of the MDRs; so if you were seated in Cypress you could order the special Tuscan dishes.

That's good to know, especially the last part. We will probably request the Cosmopolitan MDR, but the Melted Cheese Saganaki on the Cyprus menu looks good....

If you are in the same dining room you can still tip on last night. We usually just leave a tip every evening when doing select dining or when we were on the Edge in different dining rooms every night. 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:15 PM, Mirage said:

You can schedule with the App or go to the Restaurant and talk to the hostess. If in Concierge cabin you can have them schedule for you. Same with suites.

On the TA last month just walked up to and were seated in the 4 MDR's in no more than 2 minutes, anytime we walked up. Maybe 2/3 capacity cruise.

Mirage 

Where on the app do I find the ability to schedule? I did this in February, but for the life of me, I can't find it now.  Thanks.