Updates to pre Covid tests prior to embarking - Italy Celebrity Reflection

alexnic

Hi all, 

Boarding the Reflection on the 25th July at Civitavecchia and just got the email thro regarding pre Covid testing prior to embarking.

SAILING TESTING REQUIREMENTS
PRE-ARRIVAL/EMBARKATION COVID-19 TEST
All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a negative test result in order to board their sailing.
• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. This testing requirement is currently stipulated by Italian authorities as of May 17, 2022.
•Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. This testing requirement is currently stipulated by Italian authorities as of May 17, 2022.
• Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.
Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***.

I don't know if I am reading this correctly but being fully vaccinated and having recently recovered from Covid (Mid March - within the time frame above), does this read that I do not have to present a digital or physical copy of a negative test result take within 2-days prior to boarding?

I would be so much easier if that is the case...

Thanks

As long as your certificate of Recovery is from a PCR test. 

I have an NHS CoR valid till Aug but decided to get a test anyway, partly because I wanted to be sure I wasn't travelling to Italy positive with all that entails and partly because I wasn't sure which ports of call don't accept CoR

You have to have a PCR test from March plus your Certificate  of Recovery. Depending on the port rules that may not satisfy their guidelines to let you of the ship. 

Testing two days prior to the cruise is just not that difficult. Easily done at home or at a pharmacy in Rome. 

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You have to have a PCR test from March plus your Certificate  of Recovery. Depending on the port rules that may not satisfy their guidelines to let you of the ship. 

Testing two days prior to the cruise is just not that difficult. Easily done at home or at a pharmacy in Rome. 

In addition, if you are fully vaccinated and not up to date, they require additional port required testing at your expense.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/master-europe-testing-italy-ravenna-rome.pdf