A Peek of Oasis

LOL. Though NASA probably wishes they would have held a lot longer - I just posted on another thread that NASA lost both satellites today:

"Just over seven minutes after the 1:43 p.m. ET liftoff from Launch Complex 46, a flash below Rocket 3.3's upper stage appeared before its single engine prematurely shut down. Two NASA science payloads designed to study storms, named TROPICS, were attached to the second stage which began to tumble without thrust.

Astra quickly confirmed both small satellites – two of six NASA is hoping to launch for the small weather constellation – were lost".

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech/science/space/2022/06/12/after-cape-canaveral-launch-astra-rocket-fails-put-nasa-payloads-orbit/7602496001/

49 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

LOL. Though NASA probably wishes they would have held a lot longer - I just posted on another thread that NASA lost both satellites today:

"Just over seven minutes after the 1:43 p.m. ET liftoff from Launch Complex 46, a flash below Rocket 3.3's upper stage appeared before its single engine prematurely shut down. Two NASA science payloads designed to study storms, named TROPICS, were attached to the second stage which began to tumble without thrust.

Astra quickly confirmed both small satellites – two of six NASA is hoping to launch for the small weather constellation – were lost".

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech/science/space/2022/06/12/after-cape-canaveral-launch-astra-rocket-fails-put-nasa-payloads-orbit/7602496001/

I remember seeing an early Falcon 9 blow at separation. 😬