MSC Virtuosa Aurea Sundeck

johnnylincoln

21 minutes ago, johnnylincoln said:

Hi, 

Has anyone used the exclusive Aurea sundeck on the MSC Virtuosa? Just wondered what to expect? Is there a bar there? Or someone for drinks service? Any food at all? 

Thanks 

Johnny 👍

Hi yes very nice and not many people up there. There are sun loungers which are better than the ones on main pool deck, table and chairs and rattan sofas as I like to call them. There is no bar but they do have a few people wandering around to get you a drink or 2. There is someone on the door and you will have to show your cruise card to make sure you are aurea guests. Towels are also provided. There is also a large hot tub for guests too.

Edited by Cruiseforever11
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, johnnylincoln said:

Hi, 

Has anyone used the exclusive Aurea sundeck on the MSC Virtuosa? Just wondered what to expect? Is there a bar there? Or someone for drinks service? Any food at all? 

Thanks 

Johnny 👍

Expect nothing on Virtuosa or Grandiosa, other than towels and sunbeds totally shaded under the wrap around overhang above the Sky Lounge. There is NO bar or food available. For drinks, on demand the guy at the entrance area calls the nearest bar. After half an hour, and a reminder to chase them, a very grumpy attendant will arrive and take your order. They will NOT get hot drinks for you, as 'they will be cool by the time I get here'!!

My advice....forget it, but if you do I'd go for our drinks myself. It's truly a joke, we used it once and departed after an hour....never again!

When we were on Seaview a few months ago, it's a totally different set up with a generous sun deck and a full bar in the area. Night and day different from Virtuosa. My guess would be that all the Seaxxxxx whatever name ships have same, so much better.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hamrag said:

Expect nothing on Virtuosa or Grandiosa, other than towels and sunbeds totally shaded under the wrap around overhang above the Sky Lounge. There is NO bar or food available. For drinks, on demand the guy at the entrance area calls the nearest bar. After half an hour, and a reminder to chase them, a very grumpy attendant will arrive and take your order. They will NOT get hot drinks for you, as 'they will be cool by the time I get here'!!

My advice....forget it, but if you do I'd go for our drinks myself. It's truly a joke, we used it once and departed after an hour....never again!

When we were on Seaview a few months ago, it's a totally different set up with a generous sun deck and a full bar in the area. Night and day different from Virtuosa. My guess would be that all the Seaxxxxx whatever name ships have same, so much better.

Exactly the same on Meraviglia, though they did have a pop up bar which only had drinks for the Easy package, if you had Premium you had to go and get your own. The speakers in front of the Aurea area were booming out music all day so if you are in that area you get no piece. Sailed on Seaside twice and the sundeck and bar for the Aurea area is far superior to the Meraviglia class which as Hamrag says is a shambles.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

We liked the Virtuosa sundeck 🤷‍♂️ waiter brought multiple drinks to us and it didn't take too long, hot tub was much quieter than the others on the ship, we had plenty of sunlight to sunbathe in contrary to a previous post about it being too shaded and the best thing of all - a nice place to get away from crowds! Sure it could have done with perhaps its own bar but we didn't feel like we missed out on drinks.