Silversea buys Crystal Endeavor

Mr Luxury

We're scheduled for Valparaiso to Puerto Williams in November 2022 on the Explorer.  That would be the last sailing before it starts up again in March.  What will the ship and crew do for 4 months?

On the Silversea website listings for Explorer voyages there's now a blurb about how you are actually booking the Endeavor, starting with the first air-bridge voyage. I agree with @gojirra: this could be a good deal!

17 hours ago, gojirra said:

seems like a good deal from Silversea since they are currently offering these Antartica cruises for the prices of the old Silver Explorer itineraries

17 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Maybe consider the Endeavour for this coming season in Antarctica?  I sailed her last year in Iceland, and she was beautiful.  

Appreciate this great follow-up from Catlover54 about the very good personal experience on this Endeavour ship.  Sounds very nice and exciting.  Wonderful to see the video from the head of Silversea.  Look forward to reviewing the details for cruise options when they are posted on the Silversea website.  They are not there now, right?

Keep up the nice sharing!!  Any and all info and insights welcomed.  I called today and they indicated that it would not be till mid August when they have more detailed updates posted to the Silversea website for the Silver Endeavour future schedules.  Right now it shows avails for the Explorer as the "Antarctica Bridge” concept (with its pro/con factors) and prices at mostly $22K pp and up.  Nothing on options for late 2023 or early 2024.   Right or wrong with that high pricing? 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 244,665 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

8 hours ago, FauxNom said:

On the Silversea website listings for Explorer voyages there's now a blurb about how you are actually booking the Endeavor, starting with the first air-bridge voyage. I agree with @gojirra: this could be a good deal!

The Silversea booking agents said prices are likely to increase when they have the Silversea Endeavour booking details on the website, but if you book now with the Silver Explorer prices, they would guarantee them with no increases when they replace the Silver Explorer 22-23 Antartica itineraries with the Endeavour on their website in the next few weeks. They would just assign you to the corresponding rooms on the Endeavour. 

I was actually booked for a Greenland Cruise this September on the Crystal Endeavor since late last year, but their parent company went belly-up earlier this year, we got our deposits re-embursed by our CC company, but since then, I have always  been looking forward to go on the Endeavor whoever get their hands on it lol

Edited by gojirra
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gojirra said:

The Silversea booking agents said prices are likely to increase when they have the Silversea Endeavour booking details on the website, but if you book now with the Silver Explorer prices, they would guarantee them with no increases when they replace the Silver Explorer 22-23 Antartica itineraries with the Endeavour on their website in the next few weeks. They would just assign you to the corresponding rooms on the Endeavour. 

Especially if you were already planning to sail on the Explorer for these Antartica cruises, paying the same price for a vastly newer and nicer ship should be one of the great cruise booking no-brainers.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:19 PM, gojirra said:

I just booked the non-bridge 20-day Antartica cruise on the Silver Endeavor for Feb.12 next year, I have a few days to consider before making a deposit, but seems like a good deal from Silversea since they are currently offering these Antartica cruises for the prices of the old Silver Explorer itineraries as they still do not have the the Endeavor officially on their website but are already taking bookings with the Silver Explorer itineraries and prices 

Did you confirm your booking ?

I booked last week, Antartica has been on my bucket list for some time  🙂

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 1:27 AM, shamansue said:

Did you confirm your booking ?

I booked last week, Antartica has been on my bucket list for some time  🙂

Just confirmed my booking today😊

We have cruised Antarctica before but not on an expedition ship, but just cruising along the shore of Antarctica on the much larger Crystal Symphony, never really set foot on the continent, I have been looking forward to go back for an expedition cruise ever since.

• Like 1

From MSN News and a financial publication earlier this week, they had this headline: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Adds Daring New Ship with these details/specifics about Silversea's acquisition of the former Crystal Endeavour: "Somewhat unexpectedly, Royal Caribbean has added a new ship to the Silversea fleet. CEO Jason Liberty explained why the purchase made sense. 'Financially, it was a unique opportunity to acquire a brand-new, high-quality expedition vessel significantly below the building costs and that is fully financed through an attractive, long-term unsecuredfinancing arrangement,' he explained.  'We expect this transaction to be immediately accretive to earnings, cash flow, and [return on investment capital].' 

Interesting details about how Royal Caribbean has been able to finance this "new" Silversea expedition ship with fairly cheap, unsecured, easy financing.  Reactions?

These comments/background from Jason Liberty came during last week's second quarter financial review about RCL with stock market analysts.  

Full story at:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/royal-caribbean-cruise-line-adds-daring-new-ship/ar-AA10efFC

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 238,118 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Sounds like a brilliant move to me!

But, why won't my banks allow me to borrow for a new home or car without any need to have normally-required security back-up??  A good deal for Silversea/Royal Caribbean, but not exactly what most normal business and people are able to do?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio